Juliet hands me a small box. "Here, let's open these and get them out of the way." She hands Buddy one too.

We tear open the packaging and I see that mine is a cute little nail kit. Clippers, cuticle pushers, a couple of polishes, a file, and a top coat. Of course she knew I needed to do my nails. She always knows.

Buddy's consists of four separate ties, all with pretty little designs on them. One is a dark purple color with 'BH' embroidered in it.

Juliet hands me the other box, which is very small. It looks like a ring box or something. She hands Buddy another box as well.

I open it and it is a jewelry box of some sort. I open it and there lies an adorable necklace with two hoops attached to each other. Under it, it says 'Twingenuity
Noun
1. The universe's magical way of giving two for the price of one.
2. The exponential power of two, whose incredible force can never be stopped.
3. Unparalleled synergy between two literal best friends forever.
4. The most incredible, unstoppable love on the planet.'

I smile widely and look to her. She pulls a matching necklace out of her shirt. "I thought that even if we've been growing apart, and that even though we're so far away, we're always going to be connected, and this is a symbol of that connection."

"I suppose we have to be connected through necklaces. Having the same DNA doesn't quite qualify us," I tease.

She scowls at me then starts giggling. "Not just the same, but identical DNA!"

I giggle along with her. "Only ones in the world!"

"Hey, did you talk to Vincent?" She suddenly asks.

I shake my head. "I haven't for a while. Why?"

"I don't know. Something's off with him, I can feel it in my heart."

"Me too," I say. "It's been bugging me for a while but I just don't have time to get ahold of him. Did he go to Lubbock for Christmas?"

"No, he stayed in California. Celebrated with Linda's family. I think he proposed,"

"Oh! He did?"

"I imagine so. She definitely would have said yes if he did."

I purse my lips. I love Vincent more than anything, he's my brother, but he's done a couple of things that I haven't been mature enough to forgive him for yet.

August 5th, 1955. 11:03pm. The Winter Backyard

"Yeah, so he started kissing my neck," Adalyn giggles. "God, I love it when he kisses my neck. It gets me going like nothing else,"

I laugh and pour some more spiked punch into my cup. "Me too, girl. One of my favorite things in the world,"

She slings an arm around my shoulders. "Vi, I love you so much, you're the best friend I could ask for. The fact that your parents are loaded certainly helps," she jokes. "And that your backyard is a prime 'End of Summer' party location. I can't believe everyone's leaving for college already!"

"I'm not leaving," I say, wrapping my arm around her waist. "I'm staying right here,"

"Yeah but you're working in the hospital already! I still have another year of school!"

"I'm not even a real nurse, Ada. I'm a CNA, and not even a registered one at that. The only reason I even got in was because my dad vouched for me."

"Yeah, I suppose. I'm gonna be a real nurse,"

"And a great one at that," I smile.