Talk (V.W)

VINCENT'S POV

July 11th, 1959. 2:38 pm. Liverpool University

"You play baseball?" Mike asks as we wander around the huge University campus.

I nod and push up my glasses. "Yeah, I love it so much."

"I really love Rugby!" Mike grins.

"Isn't that like football but with no pads?"

"What?"

"I mean American football, sorry. I forgot that it isn't just soccer in other parts of the world."

"Do you like school?" He changes the subject.

I nod. "I love school. I love it. I love to learn and I love doing math. Math just makes sense."

"Me too. I love math. Love it."

"We seem pretty similar, Mike. I'm glad about that."

"Someone mentioned that YOU gave Buddy the talk about him and Vi. I've done that to John and Paul."

"Yeah, Juliet and I basically cornered him."

"What'd you say?"

"Normal stuff. Just like if you hurt her, I'll hurt you, I'll get an entire baseball team to egg your house, stuff like that."

"I did that to both John and Paul. It's hard when you're a lot smaller and younger than them,"

"I imagine so,"

July 17th, 1953. 11:43 pm. The Winter Household

"Buddy, can we talk to you for a sec? Alone." I ask, trying to ignore my weird heartbeat and sweaty palms. Those two things always happen when I talk to him.

"Uh, yeah, hold on," Buddy replies. He walks over to Vi and motions to Juliet and I.

Vi nods.

He pecks her cheek and makes his way back over to us. "Where d'y'all wanna go?"

I just start walking to a secluded room in the house. I shove him in and Juliet shuts the door behind all three of us.

"What's goin' on?" Buddy asks.

"If you ever hurt her, I swear to god, I will destroy you." I say lowly. I'm bluffing. I could never hurt him.

Buddy raises his eyebrows. "What?"

"I will not hesitate to start multiple rumours." Juliet responds.

"If I hurt Vi?" Buddy sips his drink.

I nod. "I'll get an entire baseball team to egg your house, do not test me."

"What makes you think I would hurt her? I'm in love with her,"

"We know." Juliet cuts him off. "But do not make us ruin you."

"Okay, jeez, I won't. My dad's already threatened me in regards to our relationship."

That's sort of odd. Buddy's own father giving him that talk. Usually it'd be Vi's and my dad.

I glare. "She deserves the world, if you give her anything less, you're getting curbstomped."

"I get it, I get it." Buddy takes a step back. "I do everythin' I can for her, honest. I love her more than anythin'!"