(Stan Marsh) Such a Mistake

Start from the beginning

We trotted down the stairs and here I was at his door again. “Well, if you ever need help with anything, just know I’m willing to help,” I told him with a nod. Just as I was about to leave his house, Stan’s hand gripped on the door handle, preventing me to leave. I glanced over at the raven haired boy in confusion. “Is there something wrong, Stan?”

 His sapphire eyes stared into my (e/c) orbs, making me freeze under his gaze. Then, all of a sudden, his hands cupped my face and he pulled me in, capturing my lips with his. I instantly kissed back. This was I wanted. This was a dream becoming a reality.

He pulled away just as I wanted more. He smiled down at me. "Sorry," he murmured out, even though he didn't sound like he was sorry. "I kind of wanted to do that... For a while."

"How long of a while?" I asked him out of curiosity.

"A very good while," he chuckled lowly. He scratched the back of his head shyly. "Erm, it's getting too late. I'll see you tomorrow at school then?

I gave him a nod and finally, I walked out the door, waving goodbye to the boy that had kissed me. I was happy and burning a million shades of red that I didn't notice the falling snowflakes. I was too up in the clouds but I didn't care. Stan Marsh had kissed me and he told me that he wanted to for a long time.

But then, tomorrow had come. I didn't realize a lot could happen within the small hours we had between my time at Stan's house and school time. I had entered the school to see Wendy and Stan back together.

A million feelings crashed into me all at once. No. Of course. Why did I give myself up to it? Why was I naive?

It's always going to be Stan and Wendy. The star football player and the popular cheerleader. It's only natural for them to be together.

What's worse? It was the fact that Stan had made eye contact with me that day and then instantly looked away like it was nothing.

I learned that day that Stan Marsh was actually a jerk.

"Man, that's tough," the new girl that I have gotten myself well acquainted to, Malia, sighed out as I had told her my oh-so saddening backstory between Stan and I six years ago.

You see, Malia had trusted me enough to tell me that she found Stan to be very attractive. Of course, after my experience of having a crush on Stan and ending badly, I didn't want Malia to go through the same thing. "And now, you see why it's a bad idea to try to ask Stan out," I told her. At the moment, we were spending our free period outside in the bleachers, while football practice went on. We only begun doing this because Malia wanted a chance to see the boys play in all their glory. "I know he's not with Wendy at the moment but he will get back together with her eventually. I know, I've seen it happen for, like, seven years now."

Malia let out a giggle over my statement, causing me to glance over at her suspiciously. "You say this and all I told you was that I thought Stan was hot. But, hey, thanks for the heads up though," she told me, tightening the scarf around her neck. “I mean, it shouldn’t hurt to try, though.” She tapped her chin. “What do you say? Maybe I can test it out?”

I raised an eyebrow. “Test what out?”

“Well, what had happened back then is all in the past. You grew up and he grew up. Maybe, he has abandonment issues? Maybe that’s why he always goes back to Wendy since he knows that she’ll always take him back?” Malia explained, taking a glance over at the field.

I let out a huff. “He kissed me and I kissed him back. I was more than willing to date him… Not anymore, of course.”

The brunette girl cocked her head to the side. “Are you sure about that?”