one

"Are you sure you're ready? I mean I'm sure your parents wouldn't mind if you backed out." The voice of a young man echoed through the hall along with footsteps belonging to a woman and the man.

"I'm sure Jarek, I have been dreaming about this day ever since mother told me those stories about how Time Keepers went on adventures of all kinds. I am not backing out now, no matter what you say. So I insist that you stop trying to get me to stay." Said a voice young and pure, followed by a groan from the former.

As they both walked through the long golden halls of the Time Palace, they bickered and laughed until they were met with the doors of the gate.

The doors opened. Leading to the podport, where hundreds of pods were parked. And the two young keepers were met with The Time Master and his Mistress.

"You two sure took your time getting here, we both have been waiting here for quite a while." The Mistress told her her daughter and her best friend. The Time Master laughed beside her as their daughter blushed as she answered.

"We just lost track of time mother, but is everything ready?" The girl asked, eager to get into her newly owned pod.

"Yes Aroa, though I have to say it will surely be quiet without you here." The Time Master states earning another blush form the young girl.

"Well I guess it's time for you both to head out, remember what I said and make sure you are always next to Jarek. We both love you very much." Her Mother told her, bringing her lips to her daughter's head.

"Yes. I know, and I will. I love you too now let's go!" Aroa took Jarek by the hand and pulled him towards their pod, opened the door and jumped in.

The blue and silver pod perfectly built for two was everything Aroa could have dreamed of, she sat onto the passenger seat and pulled the clasp over her head. Jarek reluctantly followed and they said their last goodbyes.

"You ready?"

"Yes."

"Okay. Keer, sat a path to the 51st era, the 31st year, day 264." Jarek told the artificial intelligence. The pod started to shake, then stopped, then was flowed into space, starting their journey.