"Did you have fun?"

I snorted, "No. A giraffee tried to eat my cotton candy."

He chuckled and jumped down from the car. "That's comforting."

"Not so much." I stashed the first-aid kit back in Ballard's Jeep, sending Alric back on the field with Donovan's hardcore training, following behind him.

Donovan was as stiff as ever, nothing like Mikhail. His hands were behind his back as he circled the tree. "Lucifer, get down here."

To my surprise, a sharp hiss was sent back.

"A cat?" Iris murmured, walking from the opposite direction of Alric and I. "On a wolf's territory? Now that's just comical."

Donovan scowled. "Lucifer, now."

I was pretty good with animals, especially cats, despite being a wolf myself. I steppef forward, slowly approaching Donovan who looked like a ripening tomato.

"Damn it, get down now." 

If I was part of his pack, my body would be imprinted on the floor from the power behind his Alpha voice. 

"Mind if I-"

He spun on his heel. "Forget it. Just do whatever."

Sighing, I looked up into the branches of the tree, searching for the cat. I was greeted by a soft meow coming from my right. I turned to see a tawny cat, stretching and scratching on the tree trunk. Yellow eyes bored into my own.

"Come here." I whispered, reaching my hands out, palms upward.

Lucifer seemed hesitant, his body swaying forward but then backward as if he wasn't sure of himself.

"It's okay." I said softly, taking slow and gradual steps closer as to not scare him off.

His cheek rubbed against the tree trunk, moving downward uptil the tip of his wet nose nudges my fingers. My arms were starting to ache, but I kept them firm and steady should he decide to jump down. The ache was worth the wait when Lucifer padded down onto my hands and let me sweep him into my arms before I set him down.

Slow claps were heard behind me. I looked over my shoulder to see Castor will a smile on his face. "Wow. This is a rather pleasant surprise, even more so that the cat on wolf's territory. A wolf that likes cats!"

"Oh no, it's not that I like them- I mean, I do- I just tend to get along well with other animals. Except hamsters. Hamsters hate me."

"Come on," Castor said, walking towards the Jeep. "Training is cut short. We're going somewhere." His eyes cast down to my legs. "Though I don't think you should bring your friend with you. Draver's allergic to cats."

_____________________________________________________________________________

"You know, when you said that we were going somewhere, I thought it was out of town. Not out of country."

Castor gestured for me to remove my backpack and I reluctantly slipped my arms through. "Well you thought wrong, besides Ireland isn't that far off."

Stark suddenly appeared behind me with a pair of handcuffs. I pressed myself back against the edge of one of the seats. "Whoa, there. I'm not into that kind of stuff."

He sucked in a breath. "This is going to get me slapped,"

I frowned. "What is-oh my Goddess what are you doing?"

He looped the other handcuff through the handle of the compartments above our seats then forced my hand up to to handcuff it as well, taking his place in a spot that would've been mine.