Chapter 3: Trip

The song attached is by a band called the vantage who my friend introduced me too, please please listen and support them they're really good!

"C'mon sam, we were meant to set off half an hour ago!" I'm sat on her couch waiting for her to get her ass downstairs. If she's much later the schedule will be thrown off completely.

"If you try rush me i'll just take longer!" She yells from upstairs. I sigh and roll my eyes, typical Sam.

"Right I'm ready!" She exclaims jumping off the last step. I look up at my jaw drops, she looks stunning, I mean she always looks stunning but this is different. She's got her hair up in a loose bun at the back with curls falling loosely at the sides of her face. She's wearing a white skirt and a black vest top with a denim jacket over it and a pair of pumps. She coughs slightly and I realise I'm staring.

"You look beautiful Samantha Puckett"

"Thanks" she says and blushes. Yep, that's right Sam Puckett just blushed. "And never call me Samantha!" We both laugh and then I take her by the arm and we walk outside to my car.

1 hour later

We've been on the road for an hour when Sam announces she's hungry, I pull of at the next turn and we stop off at the nearest diner. I order us both a burger and fries and we stay there chatting about where we're going to go when we get to Portland. I'm thinking of taking her to Forest park and on a food cart tour. When we've finished our meals we head back on the road.

We've been driving for almost two hours when I start to see signs advertising that were nearly there.

"Hey sam," I begin but when I turn to look at her I notice she's fallen asleep. She looks so calm that I can't bring myself to wake her up so I just keep driving until we get to our hotel. I have to wake her up now but not before I take a quick picture of her, I know she'll probably kill me if she finds it but I don't really care.

"Oi Sammy!" I shout.

"Where's the bacon?" She says, rubbing sleep out of her eyes and stretching her arms above her head.

"No bacon, but were here so if we unpack quick I'll take you to my favourite restaurant in Portland" I tell her and that gets her attention.

"Well let's get going now then frednub!" She shouts jumping out the car. I laugh and follow her to the boot of the car taking her bags out of it. We walk into the lobby and I give my name to the woman behind the desk, she hands us our key and we head up to the room. I open the door and the first thing I notice is that there's only one bed.

"Ermm Freddie.." Sam starts " Why is there only one bed?".

"I'm not quite sure, I definitely booked two single beds," I tell her which is true because I checked it three times before we set off.

"You know what it doesn't really matter does it, a beds a bed, just keep to your side and don't kick me in your sleep!" She says.

"Really, you don't want me to go to reception and ask about it?" I ask, shocked she's so relaxed about it.

"Whats the point they won't do anything and we are dating," she says laughing.

"Ok then, I'll leave it, now unpack so we can go for tea I'm starving!" I laugh back.

A few hours later

"That might have just been the best food I have ever eaten!" Sam says as we walk back into the hotel room.

"I told you it was great!" I said laughing.

"I'm so tired I'm going to go and get changed into my pj's and then straight to bed" Sam said yawning as she spoke, she grabbed her pyjamas and headed into the bathroom leaving me to get changed in here. I was dressed and lying in bed flicking through the channels on the TV when she came back in, she was wearing a white vest top and blue cotton shorts with her hair in a loose pony. She climbed into bed and turned to face me.

"Thanks for bringing me, I'm having a great time"

"Me too" I told her and gave her a kiss on her forehead, "Night Puckett"

"Night Benson" she said and then she turned over and shut her eyes. I put my arm around her small waist and pulled her closer to me, my head resting on hers.

"I love you" I told her and then I fell asleep.