○4○

°○•●°○•●°○•●°○•●°○•●°○•●°○•●°○•●°○•●°○•●°○•●°○•●°○•●°○•●°○•●°○•●°○•●°○•●

"He's been up there for two hours. Should we talk to him?" Johnny was worried about the younger.

Taeil sighed. "When he's ready, he'll come down." Taeil wrapped his arms around the taller's waist, resting his head on Johnny's chest. "He'll be okay. He just needs some time."

Johnny put his chin on top of Taeil's head. "Okay." He glanced to the stairs. He couldn't shake the feeling that Ten was going to do something stupid. Johnny let out a deep sigh.

"We could make him dinner. Would that make you feel better?"

Johnny nodded, messing up Taeil's hair. "Yeah," he mumbled.

Neither of them pulled away from the other.

°○•●°○•● Time Skip °○•●°○•●

Johnny gently set the tray holding Ten's dinner in front of the door. He gently knocked on the door.

"Ten? There's some and food and water out here for you, right outside the door, just come get it whenever you're ready, okay?"

Johnny waited for a response from the younger; no response came.

"Eat it soon, please." He stared at the door for a while before walking downstairs.

"Any luck?" Taeil looked up from where he was curled up on the couch.

Johnny shook his head. "I don't think he's gonna be better any time soon."

The door slowly creaked open.

"Thanks," Ten's voice was soft and scratchy.

The sound of the plastic tray being dragged across the wood floors echoed through the house.

Taeil smiled softly. "He's finally up to at least moving around."

°○•●

Ten could hear Taeil and Johnny talking in hushed whispers. He couldn't stand the silence.

He slowly slid the window open, careful not to alert the men below him of his movements. One foot after the other, Ten climbed out of the window onto a sturdy tree.

He jumped down, landing with a soft thud. He was out.

Without looking back, Ten walked aimlessly down the sidewalk.

Walking.

Walking.

Walking.

Running.

Crying.

After what felt like hours, Ten leaned against a building, panting. He fished around in his pockets, looking for his phone.

"Fuck!" Ten punched the wall, the rough brick skinning his knuckles. 

No phone, no money, and lost. 

Ten looked around, trying to figure out where he was. He had never been in this part of town before. 

"Shit." Ten ran his hands through his hair; his hair irritated his raw knuckles. 

"Hey! Hey, pretty boy, you lost?" A strange man called out. 

"N-no-" Ten cleared his throat- "I'm not lost." He tried to make his voice sound stronger than it was. 

"You sure look lost. I've never seen you before." The man stalked closer. 

"I'm not lost." Ten reiterated. He turned away from the man and started walking in the direction he thought he had come from. 

"Where you going, baby? I ain't gonna do nothing to ya!" The man ran up beside Ten and matched his pace. 

"Don't follow me."

"I'm not following you; I'm walking beside you. There's a difference." 

Ten sighed. 

"So, pretty boy, you got a name?"

"No."

"'No?' How do you not have a name?" He laughed at his own joke. "I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours."

"I don't care what your name is."

"Ouch-" he clutched his chest in fake pain- "that hurt, babe."

"Don't call me 'babe.'"

"Well, then what can I call you? I don't know your name after all." 

Ten sighed. "Do you have a phone on you?"

The man pulled a cellphone out of his pocket. "As a matter of fact, I do."

"Can I use it?"

"If you tell me your name." 

"Fine. Lee." Ten held his hand out for the phone.

"Nice to meet you, Lee. My name is Jaehyun." Jaehyun put the phone in Ten's hand. 

Ten dialed Taeil's phone number and hit 'call.' 

"Pick up, pick up," he muttered under his breath. He looked around for a street sign. 

"Hello?" Taeil's voice was confused.

"Hyung, it's me." Ten breathed out a sigh of relief. 

"Ten? How did-"

"Not important. I'm on the corner of 1st and Yellow Skies. Can you come pick me up?"

"You're on Yellow Skies?! How did you get all the way over there?" 

Ten shot a glance at Jaehyun, hoping he couldn't hear his conversation. "Not important. Please?" 

"We're getting in the car right now. Who's phone is this?"

"Uh, an acquaintance's." 

"We'll be there soon."

"Thanks, hyung." Ten ended the call and handed the phone back to Jaehyun. "Thanks." 

"No problem." Jaehyun slipped the phone back into his pocket. 

Ten sat down next to the stop sign. Jaehyun followed suit. 

"What are you doing?" Ten slightly scooted away from Jaehyun. 

"Sitting."

"I know that, but why? Don't you have anything else to do?"

"Nope." 

Ten looked up and down the road, searching for Johnny's car. 

"So, Lee."

"What?"

"How old are you?"

"Why?"

"Just making small talk."

Before Ten could respond, a car came around the corner. Ten shot up. 

The passenger door flung open and Taeil jumped out. 

"LEE YOUNGHEUM!" Taeil captured Ten in a bone crushing hug. 

"Hi," Ten mumbled. 

Taeil pulled away from the hug. "Do you have any idea how worried I was? First, you isolate yourself, and then you sneak out and get yourself halfway across town! What were you thinking?"

"Hey," Johnny put his hand on Taeil's shoulder. "Let's go home."

Taeil sighed. "Let's go."

Ten spared Jaehyun a glance before getting in the car. He hadn't moved from where he was sitting, but he was staring directly at Ten. 

°○•●°○•●°○•●°○•●°○•●°○•●°○•●°○•●°○•●°○•●°○•●°○•●°○•●°○•●°○•●°○•●°○•●°○•●

Don't talk to strangers kids.