Ch 15

Y/n was on her way back home after her study session with Shinso. In the end they both helped each other out and she'd managed to convince him to study with her more. Y/n hopped up the steps to her house and opened the door. Her mom was there washing dishes, she stopped and turned around when she heard the door close.

"Where were you?" Y/n's mom placed a hand on her hip.

"Studying with a friend," y/n answered nervously.

"Y/n what have we talked about? You have to tell me when your doing things or else I'll think someone ran off with you!"

"Sorry," y/n let out a sigh.

"It's fine, just don't do it again you understand?" Her mother pointed a wet spoon at her.

"Yeah," y/n said while making her way up to her room. She flopped on her bed and replayed the events that had happened just and hour before

"Did you eat yet??" Her moms voice shouted from downstairs, completely interrupting her thoughts.

"No!" She responded.

"Come and eat then!" Y/n rolled her eyes at her mom.

She sat down at the table and her mom joined her. Y/n gave her mom a confused look. "She doesn't have any food, she must've eaten already...why's she sitting down then?"

"So who were you studying with?" Her mom rested her head on her hands.

"A friend," y/n replied and took a bite of food.

"Yes I know that but I'd like to know their name?"

"Shinso," y/n blushed a little, embarrassed for some reason.

"Oh?? That name sounds kinda familiar...hmm let's see," her mom tapped her finger on her chin. "Oh! He's that boy from the sports festival!"

"There were a lot of boys at the sports festival mom,"

"We both know who I'm talking about
y/n, purple hair, tall, handsome," y/n placed her head in her hands, embarrassment spreading to her ears.

"Mom stop!" Her mother chuckled at her.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry,"

"..."

"But he is handsome,"

"MOM!" Y/n dropped her fork.

"Haha~ I'll stop now. Enjoy dinner, I'm going to bed early because I've got a plane tomorrow," y/n's eyes widened.

"A PLANE?? Are you abandoning me??" Her mom laughed at her.

"No, no I'm coming back but I've got to go somewhere for work," y/n's mom was a painter and it was actually pretty common of her to drive somewhere to sell her paintings. Flying somewhere to give someone a painting was something that she didn't do often. But the thing y/n's mom was big on was selling someone her art in person instead of shipping it. She'd had bad luck with shipping in the past.

"Are you going to be ok on your own? Your in Highschool now so I thought you'd be fine. If you need a babysitter I can schedule one," she stuck her tongue out jokingly.

"Pfft, No I'll be fine," y/n returned the gesture. Her mom planted a kiss on her forehead.

"Goodnight."

"Night."

~Timeskip~

By the time y/n's alarm went off her mom was already out of the house. She'd left a note telling her what needed to be done around the house and a list of rules:

1. This is a house. I'd like it to look like one when I come back.

2. I'll be gone for a week so have fun

3. Not too much fun though

4. Be safe please you know the deal. Lock doors and windows at night bla bla.

5. Do your laundry, wash the dishes, do your chores, you get it.

Y/n let out a loud sigh at the mention of all the things she was in charge of now but it was also nice to have the place to herself. She could sing, dance, watch videos without earbuds in, eat whatever she wanted to whenever she wanted to. It was almost equivalent to being an adult for a while minus the bills and taxes.

After slipping on her uniform and shoes y/n locked the front door and skipped her way to UA, happy thoughts of freedom playing in her mind.

____________________________
A/n: here's your meme!

____________________________A/n: here's your meme!