50. Truth for Peace

Start from the beginning

My mother shakes her head at all of them

"You men truly have no shame"

It took big mom a few seconds to regain full awareness of what was going on around her but when she did she set her sights on me.

"You little wench! I should kill you and those bastard children right now!"

Katakuri moved to step in front of me but I calmly walked closer towards big mom with no fear.

"I know you hate me the feeling is mutual but I refuse to not have the father of my babies not around because of a stupid petty grudge you hold against me. So I'm going to offer you something in return you leave Katakuri and me and our future family alone. No I'm not taking him away from you his birth family I would never ask that of him. But I would like it if you and your family stayed out of our personal lives."

Big mom just scoffs but didn't interrupt more than that.

"I have nothing to give you that I feel like you truly deserve other than the truth. I felt that without knowing what really happened you will keep being the same deluded woman you have grown up to become for all these years."

Big mom only glowered at you

"And what truth could you possibly give me that I would care about?"

"The truth about who mother caramel was and what truly happened to her"

Big mom only narrowed her eyes further.

"DONT YOU DARE TALK ABOUT MOTHER LIKE YOU KNOW HER!"

You slowly pulled out a paper from your back pocket and lifted it up to show Big Mom the files on Mother Caramel from the world government.

"Mother Carmel was a child trafficker dealing in orphans who operated in the Underworld several decades ago, under the code name "Mountain Witch". Running an orphanage known as the "Sheep's House", her seemingly benevolent nature caused her to be known as the "Holy Mother". In reality, she sold her orphan wards to the World Government every two years to be trained as Marines or Cipher Pol agents,until she met her end 62 years ago. That was the day of your birthday right when she all the orphans disappeared? Good thing they did too she was gonna hand you off to the government that same day that's why they were their on the island that day, to capture you. Only one giant who came to check on you all that day and your head baker know what happen that day. That's why the giants hated you even more, and that's why your head baker took care of you because he knew you where crazy strong."

Big mom could only look at you in horror, it seemed like her whole world had shattered. Usually you would feel bad at making someone feel that way. But this wasn't just anyone this was the woman who made your life hell for so long. You didn't feel any ounce of remorse for her. All her life all she did was take from others, kill the innocent for her own personal game. She had shattered the lives of so many people, now she needs to know how it felt. And as petty as it is you know that the feeling in your chest is satisfaction knowing that you put that look on her face.

You threw the files at big moms feet turning your back on her.

"This also might be a bad time to let you know but In that file is the run down of mother caramels devil fruit, it's literally the same as yours. So nine out of ten I say you ate her, thats why the orphans and her disappeared, that's why the giants hated you even more and thats how you got that power. And seeing the monstrous deed you were capable of is why Streusen took so much interest into making you a strong pirate. Maybe you should ask him about that when you get home. You know how you get during your hunger frenzies so I would not put it past you to eat someone on accident while they where in your way of food."

And with those last words you walked off, your family and the giants followed behind you. You could hear the familiar click of heels and metal and you knew that meant Katakuri had followed as well. And that made you smile a little and your heart beat faster.

You turned around to see that Praline Pudding and Brûlée had also followed behind you.

They all smiled at you giving you a thumbs up.

"Soooo we are gonna be aunts? I already know who the favorite will be"

"Yes Praline, it will be me"

"Um no pudding I'm the fun one remember"

"Oh please like your a good role model"

"Um excuse me miss best actress?"

"Are you trying to imply something sister?"

"I don't know? Do you have your pistol on you?"

You could only giggle at the two while shaking your her.

"I'm not even going to lie to the both of you it might be Brûlée who ends up being the favorite."

Brûlée looked smugly at her sisters yet still said nothing.

"(Y/n)!"

"The betrayal!"

" Well sisters I don't mean to brag but I am great"

You could only shake your head at Brûlée but you did agree with her on some level.

"Hey don't get upset with me guys, look even Katakuri is thinking it!"

You all looked over to Katakuri to see him looking the other way. While nobody could usually tell what his expression was unless it showed deeply in his eyes you all know him well enough to know it's a smirk under that scarf.

As you all made your way back to the village you rubbed your stomach while your mind started to wander. You can't help but think how things seem to be looking up for you and your babies.

"Mama! Mama! Are you ok Mama!?"

All the Charlotte children tried to get the attention of their mother without going near her, they were all afraid they would get hurt on accident if they did. Unknown to them was that Big mom wasn't even in her right state of mind to understand anything around her. She thought of the memories her and the other orphans had shared. How mother caramels was the only true mother she knew. But she had lied, mother caramel had betrayed her. But she she couldn't understand why, why didn't mother love her like she thought. And in the end she had ate her family, all that time wondering were they went.

She was the reason they were gone.

All she could see it mother caramels picture

All she could see it mother caramels picture. Hearing the repeating sentences over and over again in her head. All around big mom the only thing she could hear was the soft whispers of mother caramel.

"Lin Lin"

"Your a good girl"

"Your a good girl"

"Your a good girl Lin Lin"

Please leave comments and tell me what ya think.