Part 82

Roger's POV
I chased after him, repeating his name over and over, but he did not stop storming off into our room. When he tried to shut the door I pushed against it. He was stronger, but my fingers were in the doorway so he gave up.
"Please don't push me away" the tears were already running down my cheeks.
"I want to be alone for a while" he stuttered. That was the last thing I wanted, I could not handle having him thinking about whether this was right or wrong because as selfish as it might sound, I knew this was right for him.
"Please let me in" I cried harder. I wouldn't go in unless he said I could. He finally did and I sat down beside him, not touching him out of fear that he'd push me away.
"What do you mean 'she knows'?" It sounded like a dumb question even to me, but I wasn't sure what else to ask. How she knows probably would've made more sense.
He tried to speak, but his lips just quivered and he brought his hand over his eyes as he began sobbing. This was the worst situation that we could've been in. His worst fear was what his parents thought of his life, that's why he had such a hard time accepting it in the beginning.
"This isn't wrong" I put a hand on his shoulder.
"I know" he whispered, but I could tell he wasn't completely sure. He was so afraid of failing his parents.
"Do you love me?" I asked.
"Why would you ask that?" He turned away from me.
"Do you love me" I ignored his reply.
He shook his head in disbelief, still turned away.
"Because I love you" I rubbed my eyes.
"I'll go see them with you" I suggested.
"I can't have my dad see us now" he looked me in the eyes.
"We can lie" I placed a hand on his cheek.
"Not anymore, they know Rog" he looked straight ahead at the wall.
"What happened?" I finally asked.
"Chrissie" was all he said, but it was enough.
We sat in silence for a while, but it was louder than any situation I'd ever been in.
"We're going to get married" I wrapped my ringed hand around his hands.
I knew that I shouldn't have been so desperate, but it felt like I might die if anything bad happened.
"I love you, I just want to be alone for a little bit" he kissed me cheek, before leaving the room again.
I couldn't handle this anymore, it was too hard.