"You son of a bitch. that was my line from a couple chapters ago." We both chuckle a bit.

"So...?"

"Can you keep a secret?"

"Dude, I've kept my identity a secret for more than like a year. I think I'll be able to keep a secret."

"..."

"My... Dad... Beat up my... Mom again... and then... he... umm... went into my room... and beat me up... again..." He says just above a whisper. I stay quiet for a moment.

"How come you haven't called the police, I mean, you said "again", so I guess this has happened before." I say lightly. "I mean, if you call the cops you can stay with your mom, right?"

"They are both terrible. They argue everyday, if they're home, and it often gets physical and if they can't unleash their rage on each other, they unleash it on... me."

I drag him into a hug and I feel my shoulder getting a bit damp. He's probably crying. I guess he just has to get his feelings out. We stay in the hug for a couple minutes, just taking in the moment. It's nice.

And who knew his home life also sucked. I wish I could take that burden of his shoulders. he doesn't deserve it.

After a couple of seconds we break the hug and I can see his mask is wet from the eyes, down to the cheeks. He drags his mask up over his nose, not exposing his eyes and I can see a clear bruise on his cheek.

"Thanks... for the... hug... it really... helped." He says, giving me a smile.

"Umm... is it alright if I ask how old you are? Since you said you lived with your parents." I ask nervously. He's quiet. Looks like he's thinking.

"Well... I'm 16."

"Woah... I'm nearly the same age as you."

"Can I ask how old you are then? Since now you know how old I am."

"Umm... Well... heh... I'm... I'm 15..." I say nervously. "But I'm turning 16 soon." I add quickly.

"Well then..." He takes off his mask and my eyes grow big.

"I'm Wade Wilson!"

I am speechless. The dude I have a crush on is my superhero best friend. His eyes are a little red and puffy from crying and he also has a black eye.

"... No way..." I say.

"Umm... is there... Is something wrong Spidey...? I'm...- I'm so sorry! Did I make you uncomfortable?? I'm really sorr-" He starts but I cut him off.

"Wade, it's okay! I just... oh god... You are not going to believe this..." I say. I take a deep breath and take my mask off. His face goes pale and he's also speechless.

"Hi Wade Wilson. I'm Peter Parker."

.

.

.

"Peter...? You're... Spider-Man...?"

"Surprise...?"

"How...? How did this happen?"

"Long story short. I got bitten by a radioactive spider when I was 14 and ever since then, I've been Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man."

"Well... That explains all your bruises. But you know, I already thought you were amazing, but this... This is... really amazing." He says, chuckling and I feel my face turn a bit red.

"Oh yeah! Ned and MJ also knows, so you know. Ned accidentally found out and MJ figured it out somehow." He nods and we talk for awhile until we see a couple of police cars drive by. I stand up and put my mask on.