A Stormy Night (Jim x Dwight)

[Hi I'm still alive lol Ok so first I recommend you listen to the song I linked while you read, and btw this gross thing is from January so it's pretty cringey sorry :')]

Jim (interview)

"Hmm? Oh uh, Karen broke up with me about a week ago, and I...I think I'm over it. I recover from things pretty fast. Usually. When we broke up I didn't feel that sad actually. It's because um, I might have some feelings for someone else... Maybe I do, maybe I don't. But uh, today's Phyllis' wedding. So...we'll see what'll happen".

Jim (later at the church)

Earlier today I told Dwight about how there were wedding crashers at the wedding. He thought I was one-hundred percent serious, so I thought I'd mess with him some more. "You know, I just wish I had the investigative powers to actually smoke some of these guys out" I said, looking into the crowd of people around us. When I turned back to Dwight, he was suddenly really close to my face. I silently gulped as I looked into his eyes, then to his lips, then back to his eyes. He was definitely saying something...but I was too concentrated on trying to hold back a blush.

"...What are you looking at?" He asked me.

"Oh uh, n-nothing..." I looked to my feet.

"Ok... So is the plan a go?" Dwight asked.

"No. I mean yes! I- maybe..?". No wonder why Dwight calls me an idiot I thought to myself.

Dwight (later again, about 9PM)

I saw Jim sitting at a table in the distance. He looked...lonely. I noticed he was watching Karen in the distance, dancing with her date. Maybe I should go talk to him I thought. So I went over there and sat beside him. "Life's not fair, huh?" I said, trying to start up a conversation.

Jim got startled and jumped a bit "O-oh hey, Dwight. Uh yeah it's not. I don't even know what I did. One day she just came up to me and just...ended it. But I'm not sure if I'm actually sad about it or I'm just sad" he told me, looking to the ground.

"Oh I see. I went through a...similar issue-" I said, glancing to Angela across the room. Her date was trying to get her to go dance with the upbeat music, but of course she refused.

Jim looked over "You and Angela? I never even- I'm sorry".

"No it's- I'm over it. You don't need to apologize". Suddenly the upbeat song had changed into a slow, calming song.

"Hey" I said. Jim looked to me. "Are you still feeling bummed out?" I asked.

"I- Yeah I guess so". I stood up and held out my hand "Come on, let's dance. It'll be fun. I...hate to see you upset..." I offered.

"I-if you want to I mean..." I quickly added as I felt heat rise up to my face. Jim scratched the back of his head "I uh- What about the wedding crashers..?". "The wedding crashers can wait. Come on". He smiled then took my hand.

Jim

Dwight...just asked me to dance. Well that's something I was never expecting... He led me by the hand upstairs and to a balcony. Then out of nowhere, it started raining and thundering. Good thing there was a roof above the balcony. I looked to the sky and saw some lighting strike, hearing thunder mixed with the muffled song from inside. I looked back to Dwight and smiled. He smiled back. I put my arms around the back of his neck, kinda awkwardly. He blushed then wrapped his arms around my waist. I slowly rested my head on his shoulder, as we swayed side to side. The song was about half over, but it felt like it had been going on for hours. I wished we could just stay here and keep dancing to that song, and keep listening to the rain forever. Before I knew it, the song had ended. I pulled away a bit to look at Dwight. He just looked so adorable when he smiled. I smiled too "You were right. That was fun...".

"I'm glad it was. You know, it almost didn't happen" Dwight said.

"What do you mean?".

"Well I mean, I paid them twenty bucks...". I was shocked, yet very happy. There's another thing to add to the list of 'Things Dwight Did That I Thought He'd Never Do'. He really did that for me? I never noticed how nice he actually was sometimes (to me at least). I used to think he was just another random coworker at the office to prank. But now I see he's this generous, sweet, and kind person. Huh, maybe I was wrong about him...

Dwight

"I paid them twenty bucks..." I said, a little embarrassed. Jim smiled at me. He held the back of my neck and put his soft lips onto mine. I closed my eyes and kissed him back, as one last thunder struck.