chapter 9: a rickle in time

Start from the beginning

Rick lectured Morty and Summer about the situation and that they should get their heads out of their family's ass. He rummaged around in his work area and fiddled with the remote he had used earlier.  I watched him over his shoulder.

Eventually he tried to merge us with the other us using the weak ass time crystal and failed. He blamed it on how uncertain Morty and summer were.

"How come you aren't blaming (y/n) for anything?"

"She just got back from an alternate dimension and is mad at me for forgetting to get her. She's certain about herself and her actions right now, *eugh* trust me."

I nodded my head in response before they began to bicker again. This time he pulled up his white board, he explained how little he felt towards them and how stupid they really were. Made me feel bad for them for a second, I mean they were his grandkids.

Rick tried gluing the time fracture back together with the time crystal remote again and this time it fractured again, creating  four different possibilities after he decided the other him was going to kill us.

Eventually Morty knocked him out and the kids put him in a cage. Once he finally woke up he waited until the kids explained themselves and he proved to them that he was cool with himself.

He pushed up on the cage and freed himself.

"If you could get out this whole time why didn't you," Morty asked.

"Because I waited until I was certain it was what I wanted to do Morty."

"You know words hurt," Morty began but was interrupted by all of ours surprise when a weird looking thing came into the garage in a bubble.

The thing said it was a fourth dimensional being and yelled at us for breaking our time twice. Then he snatched Rick's time remote and said that was the problem.

"Oh see you broke time and you thought you could just stick it back together with this? How you think you're gonna move time when you're standing in it you dumbass 3 dimensional monkey ass dummies" he stated.

Rick fought back at the kids who believed the testicle monster instead of him.

The testicle monster gave us specialized collars that would sync up our possibilities up so he could take us back to certain time. The monster got upset that one fourth of our possibilities wasn't doing it but eventually they did. Then he threatened to take us to time prison and Rick tricked him into turning around. Once Rick hit the testicle monster, it dropped it's gun thing and Rick took it before he freaked at how gross it was.

The gun found its way to the street where it ended up getting run over. Rick told the kids and I to take off our collars as he broke his' latch. He said he wasn't certain and I caught on to his idea.

I thought of all the uncertainty that I faced.  The other (y/n)s had some sort of romantic relationship with their Ricks, what about me? We were a thing once weren't we? What was I to him now?

Apparently the kids had caught the drift too and now there were 64 possiblities. All of them with Rick kicking the testicle monster's ass. He and I quickly tried to fix the collars. I fixed Summer's and she was gone as soon as she had it locked on. Next I fixed mine but I waited for Rick to finish fixing Morty's. For whatever reason Morty's wouldn't lock in place.

"I'm not leaving you two alone," I said after Rick told me to put my collar on.

Morty fell through a crack after he and Rick were fighting. Rick and I went down to get him. Once we got to Morty, Rick asked for the collar but Morty had dropped it. Rick gave up his and Morty disappeared.