1: Meeting the four hockey heads

"Amber!" Gustavo yells and I jump, making my guitar fall on the floor.

"Uh, yeah?" I call out with a breath, lightly picking it up.

"Look, I need a favor." He says, walking over to me, with Kelly behind him.

"Sure." I shrug.

"A new band's coming to the Palm Woods. Well, a boy band that I discovered."

"Okay. What does this have to do with me?"

"When they come here, which they will be very soon, I need you to show them around." He states, taking his glasses off.

"Okay. But why me?"

"You were my first breakout, female, solo artist, thing. And I want the guys to learn and know from the best and from experience."

"Wow, thanks I guess. So, how many boys are in the band?"

"Four of them. Kendall is the tall blond, James is the one with pretty hair, Logan's the smart one with the sweater vest and Carlos is the short one with the helmet."  He says and I nod.

"All of them sing and dance?"

"Nope. Only Kendall does. But he made me form him and his friends into a group." He groans.

"Why did you agree to it?" I chuckle.

"Because I was desperate, okay?" Gustavo yells and I nod.

"Okay. So, do you know what specific time?"

"No, I don't. Just wait in the lobby until they check in at the front desk." He states and I nod, putting my guitar back on the shelf.

||

It's been thirty minutes and all I've been doing is talking with Bitters about french fries.

Don't ask, I don't even know how the conversation came about myself.

I then look over to see Kelly with four boys, a woman and a little girl behind her.

"I love pools!" I hear the short boy say, putting his helmet on.

Must be that Carlos guy.

"Amber!" Kelly calls and I scurry over to them, leaving Bitters back to work.

"Guys, this is Amber. She's gonna show you around and walk you to your apartment." Kelly says and I look to see all the guys's jaws open.

"Guys!" The red headed woman says and the guys snap out of it.

"Sorry about them." She awkwardly smiles.

"It's okay." I chuckle, crossing my arms.

"I'll walk you and Katie to the apartment." Kelly decides and they nod, walking off.

"Hey there, I'm James." A boy with long brown hair says in a seductive tone.

"I know. Gustavo already gave me the heads up about you guys."

"Doubt it." Carlos says.

"Hey Carlos." I wave, smirking at him and his face drops.

"Nice vest Logan." I state.

"Oh, thanks." He says, looking down at his sweater vest.

"Tall, cute, blond and eyebrows. Kendall, right?" I ask.

"Yeah." He smirks.

"She called you cute over me?!" I hear James whisper as I guide them to the pool.

"Calm down. How do you know I don't call every guy here, cute?" I ask, facing them.

"Well you didn't call me cute, so no!" James pouts.

"Yeah, you're not my type." I scoff, turning back around as we stop by the tanning beds.

"Oh so, Kendall is?" James says.

"Look, I just met you four hockey heads literally five minutes ago." I state.

"How'd you know we play hockey?" Logan asks.

"You do realize you have a hockey stick sticking out of your bag, right?" I says and Logan quickly zippers it and I chuckle, shaking my head.

"So, here's the pool, where you swim. And the tanning beds and then the juice bar." I say and the boys nod.

"C'mon, I'll take you to your apartment." I say and we walk back to the lobby, reaching the elevator.

||

"Here it is. Apartment 2J." I state.

I open the door and step aside letting the guys go in.

Kendall is just standing there.

"What are you doing?"

"Ladies first." He says.

"It's a little too late for that." I scoff, looking at the boys playing video games on the couch.

"It's never too late." Kendall points out and I shrug, walking in and he shuts the door behind us.

"So, there's a kitchen, living room, bathroom and bedrooms. Like every house or apartment should have."

"Thanks for the tour." Kendall says and I nod.

"How long have you been working with Gustavo?" He asks.

"Almost six months." I shrug. 

"Do you like working with him?"

"Yeah, he does scream a lot though."

"Noted." Kendall says and I laugh, putting my head down.

I then look up and Kendall has the biggest grin on his face.

"What? Is there something on my face?" I ask, touching my cheeks.

"Yeah, beauty." He says and I scoff, shaking my head.

"Great pickup line." I say, raising my eyebrows at him.

"I've been working on a few." He nods.

"Have fun with that. See you guys around." I wave and walk to the door.

"Amber, wait." Kendall says and I stop dead in my tracks, turning around.

"I uh, really meant what I said." He says and I swallow the lump in my throat.

"Thanks blondy." I state and he smirks at me.

I give a final grin and walk off, heading back to the studio.

I don't know what just happened but I'm not mad about it.