Chapter 12 - The Hellhound's Extinguisher

Chapter 12

"H—Hey! This is assault. I can sue you!" the waitress mustered all of her strength to get away from Alayna's grip. She did not have an idea of what the girl's problem was...or did that girl figure out what she was?

"Lara," the familiar voice of the restaurant's manager called the waitress' name. "What's happening here?"

Jordan held Alayna's shoulders and made her stand up. "I'm sorry for the trouble. We'll pay for the damage," Jordan placed the money on the table and dragged Alayna outside of the restaurant. He did not know why the smirk on Alayna's face did not falter. "Can you please explain to me what just happened? That waitress might really sue you, Alayna. In case you forgot, I'm also a deputy. It would be really awkward for me to handle your case,"

"That's Lara Grace," Alayna indirectly responded to Jordan's question. "She's a popular freshman student in Beacon Hills High School. I sniffed her out. She doesn't have a scent. She's a water nymph, Jordan,"

"W—What? You have to tell Scott and Stiles," Jordan felt guilty for doubting Alayna's actions earlier. He knew that Alayna was not the type to do anything scandalous without a reason. "Tell them to meet us at the station."

***

When Jordan and Alayna arrived at the station, they noticed that Scott's motorcycle and Stiles's Jeep were already parked in the area.

Stiles was taken by surprise when he saw that Jordan and Alayna arrived together. "Were you two...out on a date? Why did you come here together?"

"It doesn't matter," Alayna shrugged at the question because there was a more important matter to discuss than her date with the deputy. "I know who the water nymph is at school. Her name's Lara Grace,"

"There might be two water nymphs," Scott concluded. "I went to the hospital today and tried to talk to Belinda West but she avoided me the moment that she saw me. It's like she knows not to come near me because I might be able to smell her,"

"So...were the two of you out on a date?" Stiles held on to the topic.

"For a guy, you sure love to gossip," Alayna glared at Stiles. "Ask us for the second time and I'll make sure that you'll never see the sun shine again," Alayna was not kidding. She thought that Stiles should mind his own business. "Back to the topic, I can track Lara after school tomorrow,"

"I'll go with you," Jordan volunteered.

"Being a deputy and owning a station's car might bring attention to us, don't you think?" Alayna pointed out. "It's better if I go alone,"

"Do you remember what happened the last time that you went alone to track Belinda? You almost died," Jordan reasoned. "I'm coming with you and I won't take no for an answer,"

"Couple fight," Stiles whispered as he looked away, not wanting to make any form of eye contact with the girl who threatened him.

"Parrish is right, Alayna," Scott backed the deputy up. "It's safer if he comes with you. Malia and I will follow Belinda after her shift tomorrow,"

"I guess I'll be stuck in the boring job called reinforcement," Stiles was the type of person who did not want to stay put. He always wanted to help his friends in saving Beacon Hills. "Hey...that's Lydia," Stiles noticed his girlfriend who walked inside the station and inside the Sheriff's office. Stiles had also noticed that something was odd about how Lydia Martin looked tonight. "Lydia, what's wrong?"

"Someone in this room is going to die..." Lydia had her eyes widened. "My feet brought me here. T—There's someone who's going to die..."

Stiles placed his arms around Lydia to calm her down. "We can always change it, Lydia. Remember what happened to Derek? We changed it. No one's going to die,"

"Parrish, change of plans. I think that Liam should go with Alayna tomorrow," Scott advised.

"What? Why?" Jordan was clueless as to why Scott wanted to leave him out of the mission. "Do you think that I'm going to die?"

"Remember that Alayna said that the water nymphs can only lure out men who are in love with someone? You're the only one who isn't in a relationship here," Scott explained. Parrish was the only one single out of the three men in the room. Scott was already in love with Malia and Stiles with Lydia. Things would be easier if Parrish was in love with Alayna who was in the same room as them. Unfortunately, it was not possible because the two had only known each other for a short time. "I'm sorry, Parrish. I—I hate to say this but for now, you're the weakest link."

***

"Are you sure, Lara?" Belinda asked the youngest of the water nymphs.

"There's no doubt about it," Lara sighed. "The way she looked earlier said it all. That girl from school knows what I am. She practically attacked me,"

"I encountered the same problem in the hospital," Belinda looked outside the window of their house to confirm that no one was stalking her. "Scott McCall followed me. I'm sure that he knows what I am too,"

"Knows what?" the oldest water nymph had arrived.

"We've been caught," Lara broke in the bad news. "Belinda was followed in the hospital by the true alpha himself and a senior in my school figured out what I am. I'm guessing that she's the evolved werewolf that you caught following Belinda before,"

"High school senior?" the oldest water nymph repeated. "Let me guess...long dark brown hair and blue eyes?" There was no way that she would be able to forget Alayna's features. Who could have thought that the blue-eyed girl was involved with the supernatural creatures? She did...and she was not in the least surprised.

"Do you know her Victoria?" Belinda pondered.

"Yes, I do," Victoria Gertraud grinned. "I guess luck is on my side. There's nothing's more pleasurable than eliminating the competition."