Chapter 1

I was sitting in the airship as I was calmly breathing in and out meditating hand on my lap.

Inner peace... Inner peace... Inner peace

Until a certain hyper ginger decided otherwise.

My best friend Nora Valkyrie was sitting next to me bouncing in her seat like the ball of pure energy she always was.

Nora: " are we there yet? " she asked. 

Y/n: " no. "

I thought I had stopped her and was about to sigh and start to relax. Until about a second later.

Nora: " how about now? " She asked towards me.

Y/n: " no. " I said again.

And then another second passed and I thought she stopped before -

Nora: " Now? "

Y/n: " no. " I replied.

Then another second.

Nora: " Are we there now? "

Y/n: " yes. "I said.

Nora: " really?! " she asked excitedly looking out the window.

Y/n: " no. " I said to her again

She pouted as she pushed me making me move into the next seat away from her.

She stood up and she got into the seat I was at previously.

I sighed as I looked above her head...

80... she was angry with me. It usually stayed within 90-95%

I had to fix this.

 Y/n: " I'm sorry. " I said patting the top of her head.

There was a moment of silence before she smiled. I gave small smile of my own.

I looked above her again and my eyes (slightly) widened in surprise.

98?... That's a new record. And no one has reached 100 yet... So I didn't know what could happen.

I made a mental note to keep a eye on her gauge before I looked back at her face. 

She had her eyes closed and was happily humming. I was about to pull my hand away till she gently grabbed my wrist placing it back on her head. 

Nora: " Just a little longer... " she said in a quiet voice... Really unlike her.

I just nodded as I continued to stroke her hair.

Then I had something that was rare for the two of us. A moment of pure silence.

Nora: " when will we actually be there? " she asked breaking the awkwardness.

Ren: " Tomorrow. Probably early morning." I said.

She nodded and she stopped holding my hand and let go as I put it back on my lap. 

Nora:" i can't believe this we're both going to beacon!" she said in a squeal immediately changing the subject.

Ren:" neither can I." i said.

(Time skip brought to you by Chibi ren meditating while Chibi Nora bugs him)

I was in my bed eyes closed breathing evenly hands placed on my chest.

It was perfectly silent in my room... It was so relaxing and different from my everyday life.

But then I thought I heard a small rapping on my door.

I opened both eyes sitting up my blanket falling off of me.

I stood up before going to the door and opening it rubbing my eyes.

I saw Nora at my door and hugging a pillow tightly.

I couldn't see her too well in the darkness and flipped my light switch illuminating the hall in front of my doorway.

I saw her with tears starting to form in her eyes and the pillow hugged close to get chest.

I immediately hugged her close to myself and she started to sob into my shoulder.

Ren:" Nora? What's wrong? You can talk to me." I said soothingly.

She kept sobbing for awhile before she sniffled and pulled away.

Nora:" I h-had a n-nightmare... About that night... With the Grimm..." She whispered.

Ren:" Come on Nora. You don't have to stay out here." I said.

I gently pulled her inside my room before we both just stood for a few seconds silently.

I went to the closet and grabbed a supplied second blanket and pillow.

Nora:" Why are you grabbing those...?" She asked tilting your head.

Ren:" I'm sleeping on the floor. You can take the bed if you want." I said before setting the pillow on the floor and was about the sit down before Nora grabbed a fistful of my shirt.

Nora:" No... You shouldn't." She said shaking her head.

Ren:" I'm not letting you sleep on the bed. And I can use my semblance to help you-"

She just shook her head quickly before she pulled on my shirt bringing her closer to me.

I just stayed still awkwardly just standing there feeling like a idiot. She kept the hug for a what felt like eternity before she pulled away.

Nora:" This isn't the first time we've shared a bed. It won't be that awkward."

Ren:" Alright then." I said nodding.

She sat down on the bed before laying down on the far side as I laid down with our backs pressed against one another.

Nora:" Night Ren." she said with a yawn.

Ren:" Night Nora." I replied back closing my eyes.

(Time skip)

I opened my eyes to loud snoring right against my ear as I tried to pull away from the loud noise.

But something much stronger held me in place and did not let me escape from it's grasp.

Nora.

I opened my eyes and saw her with drool running down the side of her face and both of her arms wrapped around my chest keeping me close to her.

I couldn't help but smile slightly at this as I wrapped one arm around her shoulder hugging her lightly before leaning my head back and sighed.

Ren thoughts:" Well... I can't overpower her... and I'm sure I can't make her wake up... Unless... I mention That. It does always get her up... without fail... and she is snoring worse than normal..."

Ren:" Nora. Pancakes." I said with minor regret.

Her snoring stopped instantly as her eyes opened revealing her turquoise eyes sparkling brighty.

Nora:" Pancakes?!" She asked happily.

Ren:" Let me get up and I'll let you have extra syrup." I said.

 Nora:" Pancakes!" She cheered letting go of my chest and raising her hand in triumph.

I just smiled a little as I got up grabbing a pony tail holder and ran a hand through my hair before grabbing it at the base and wrapping it around the base keeping my hair from getting in the way.

Ren:" How many-" I started to ask.

Nora: " A million!" She said grinning at me ear to ear.

Ren:" C'mon nora be realistic." I said shaking my head.

Nora: "Hmmm..." She hummed putting her hand on her chin thinking.

Nora:" Two dozen." She answered.

I nodded before going to the kitchen. And as i walked to the small hotel like kitchen i had a odd feeling.

Not a bad feeling necessarily.

More like something odd was going to happen.