VII [Rewritten]

-Author's POV-

     "You're.. leaving?" The young voice croaks out, staring at the girl who refused to look at him with wide eyes.
Like always, the two kids met up by the lake so they could hangout.. for the last time.

The girl had just announced of her sudden department, telling the boy that they would no longer be seeing each other. He, of course, wasn't too ecstatic after hearing the news.

See, he wasn't a boy with many friends— as a matter of fact, the girl was his very first one. He grew rather attached to her over the years and he was certain that he could change her mind about leaving him.

     "My brother said that it was for the best." she mutters weakly, preventing her tears of guilt from spilling out of her sad eyes.

     "For the best— (Y/n), what about me? You're leaving me behind! Did you even think about what I would feel?!" his tone grew agressive with every word that escapes his mouth, his hands darting to grasp the girl's shoulders tightly which kept her in place.

She flinched at the harsh grip and her tears decided to flow out freely, showing that she was scared of him.
Her lower lip quivered at the male's angered look, having no idea what to say in order to calm him down since she had never encountered this side of him before.

The boy tightened his grip to the point it started to hurt her when he saw that she was refusing to answer him and was simply trembling under his touch.

     "That hurts,"  she gasps out quietly at first, struggling to remove the boy's grip on her but he wouldn't budge. (Y/n) struggled until she eventually got fed up.

     "I said it hurts! Let me go!" Young (Y/n) shrieks loudly, placing a hand on the boy's chest before pushing him away with all her strength which made the both of them stumble back away from each other.

(Y/n) was unfortunate enough to have had her back on the lake and the force caused her to tip over, stumbling backward until her small form lost its balance and ends up falling into the deep lake.

The boy stood there in shock, his angered look slowly melting away upon realizing that the girl wasn't floating back up to the surface like he hoped she would.

     "(Y/n)!!" the boy yelled out her name, his once angered look was replace with a panicked one as he approaches the lake.
He kneels down and brings an arm down, trying to reach out for the girl's hand but failed.

     "I'm sorry for yelling at you, please— please come back!" he sounded desperate as if saying sorry would instantly make the girl float back to the surface.

His breath quickened and tears started to swell up in his eyes when he realized that he couldn't do anything to save the drowning girl, having disliked swimming ever since he was a toddler.

He stands up from his kneeling position and wipes his tears away using his wet sleeves. The boy shakes his head and ran off without another word, leaving the young girl drowning.

     "-/n)!- Wake up!"
(Y/n) received a pillow to the face which helped her shot up into a sitting position, wide awake and breathing heavily.
She was met by her brother's worried face staring down at her.