Chapter 19 - Guilt

Start from the beginning

I shut my eyes close. I didn't know how to stop this. This is all my fault.

"Enough is enough Kacy! I will not tolerate any word against Isabella now." Dave said after Zack finally got the two girls under control with them both still huffing and puffing.

"You better get the fuck out of here before I rip that metal ball out of your tongue and poke your eye with them." Olivia said. I sobbed audibly not being able to control them any further. They were all supporting me blindly when I was the one at fault. How will they react when they find out that it's not her but my mistake? I suddenly felt insecure about them leaving me all alone. Like always.

Dave turned towards me and cupped my face in his hands. He wiped my tears with his thumb "Sh. Don't, baby girl. It's not worth crying."

But I can't just do that. This was not something normal. It's not as easy as he says. Whatever I had forgotten about last night came rushing back the minute Kacy told me about the consequences she has to face because of my acts. It was like my world came to a stop.

"This is all because of me." I said, not being able to control it anymore.

"What? What are you saying?" Dave asked curiously.

I lifted my eyes to meet his gaze but looked down as as fast as I had lifted my head. I turned on my heels and ran towards in the opposite direction. I kept running while avoiding the people till I found the only place I would go to.

The old library.

Right now. I couldn't think of any other place. I went towards the last shelves where the history books were kept. Definitely the one corner where people don't pick books from even if they come here.

I crouched down and brought my knees close to my chest. I wrapped my hands around my folded legs and lowered my head. I silently sniveled thinking how I fucked up Kacy's life. Why do I make other's life as I miserable as mine?

The period got over and I knew it was the biology period

The period got over and I knew it was the biology period. I should be going now but I didn't have the strength to face anyone of them. Let's just say that I am a coward. Always been one and always will be. If I go back to the class, people will show sympathy towards me which I hate. I know they care about me but I am used to keeping my problem to myself. Whatever has been happening lately is very new to me. Adjusting to this whole friendship thing will take time. So I decided to just stay here until I gather the courage to face them.

After a few minutes, someone came and sat beside me. I was beyond shocked. What are the chances of me embarrassing myself the second time of the day? I immediately turned towards my side and saw Dave sitting there. There goes my wish of hiding from everyone.

"What the- What are you doing here?" I asked him curiously.

"Damn woman! Do you even know how much time it took for me to find you? I never knew we even had a library let alone the new and old ones. I didn't realize it until I actually searched for you." he said. His breathing was heavy, making it obvious that he was running around the whole school like a mad man. He was sitting in the same position as me and staring at me. I hate to admit it but he is making me forget about my worries. Where I should be worrying about how I destroyed someone's family, I am sitting and staring at my crush. This is wrong. Absolutely fucking wrong.