Connor heads down the tunnel and is met by Andrew sitting at the table with the other boy, who had a kind of wild look.

"See guy I knew my bud would get chosen for Thunderbird. Dudes this is Connor Simmons, he is responsible but has a spark," Andrew says waving.

As Connor nears the table Andrew scoots his chair over and hands Connor an empty plate.

"Umm hello everyone," Connor says.

As he's sitting down he looks back and sees Helena walking in. She smiles at him and sits down on the other side of him.

"Hello everyone," Helena says.

"Umm this is Helena Solomon everyone," Connor says following Andrew's example.

As they start filling their plates people start filing to the other tables.

"Connor that was incredible ," Helena says.

"What was?" Andrew says with his mouth full of mashed potatoes.

"All Four statues lit up for Connor," Helena says.

As the others at the table look at him, even some people from the other houses, Connor blushes.

"I mean only 2 lit up for me and while Horned Serpent intrigued me for the similarities to Slytherin, I chose Thunderbird," Helena says as she takes a drink.

"Dude all 4 responded? Nice!" Andrew says giving Connor a high five.

"Wow, That happens maybe once a year, according to my dad," said a Thunderbird girl.

The girl had straight brown hair, almond-shaped green eyes and Asian complexion.

"Hi I'm Emily Strauss, by the way," the girl says as she took a drink of water.

Connor nods, "So your dad's a wizard?"

"Yep, so is my mom. Going back a few generations. I think we've had someone in every house over the generations. My grandpa tells it like we were one of the first families outside of the founders. As such it is our responsibility to keep striving for new heights and help others do the same," Emily says standing with her hand over her heart.

A clap is heard from a few but then a larger guy from Wampus yells "Sit down bird brain!"

As the girl blushes and sits back down Connor feels the urge to stand up for her. As he is about to a larger Thunderbird, probably a 5th year stands eases Connor down as he walks by.

"You see what happens when a Wampus gets struck by lightning Brady?" the 5th year says.

Up at the staff table a light cough is heard. As the students fall silent a rather large man with copper framed glasses is standing.

"To all of our returning faculty and students I ask for a round of applause for our new students and on exchange from Makoto Academy teaching Charms, Professor Kaito Takahashi. Remember that the caves by the lakes are off limits. Prefects will be guiding the new students to the dorms after the feast. With that said Welcome to Illvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry," the man said as the center of the tables expanded and food appeared.

Connor fills his plate.

"Heh, looks like a good spread this year," one boy said.

"Yeah and the food looks good, too," another boy said.

As Connor heard snippets of conversation he tried to eat but kept stealing looks at Helena.

"What?" She asks after taking a bite of food.

"It's just odd," Connor says, "I'm sorry but I just can't shake this feeling we met before today."