Chapter 1

Just another normal day in Magnolia *sigh* 'Why can't today be exciting?' You thought to yourself as you were walking down the street. It was late morning and you were heading to the guild hall to find a job.

When you got there you saw your teammates at a table eating. Erza, with her long scarlet hair and sword always by her side. Lucy, constantly complaining about money but always there when you need her. Gray, the resident stripper, always mysteriously losing his clothes. Wendy, with her long blue hair and her adorable white Exceed Carla. There was Happy too, the rambunctious blue Exceed of the group. Then there was Natsu, the one you've had a crush on since you joined the guild 4 months ago.

-Flashback-

You looked up at the entrance of the guild with awe. 'I can't believe I finally get to join Fairy Tail!' Walking up to the door, you hear shouting and cautiously push open the big double wooden doors. Your jaw dropped.

There were 2 boys throwing their magic across the hall at each other like little kids. One of the boys was hiding behind an over turned table throwing chunks of ice across the room. He had dark hair that slightly covered his eyes and he was crouching behind a table in only a pair of shorts.

The other boy was standing on the other side of the room with furrowed eyebrows and a smirk. His fists were on fire and he punched the chunks of ice as they came close, shattering them into snow. You couldn't take your eyes off of him, he was mesmerizing. And that's how your dragon sized crush on that silly pink haired fire dragon slayer started.

-Flashback end-

As you made your way to the table, Natsu saw you and sent you one of his silly looking grins and you blushed. Happy then caught his attention and your heart sank when his eyes looked away.
You decided to sit next to Lucy and when you sat down she hugged you. "Good morning ____!" "Good morning Lucy." You then received good mornings from around the table. When Natsu tried to say it, some of the food in his mouth dropped back onto his plate. You giggled and he smiled at you while Lucy freaked out because she thought that it was gross.
'While Natsu isn't the most gentlemanly, he's still perfect in my eyes.' You put your elbow on the table and rested your chin on your hand. Then you accidentally slipped into a daydream while still looking at Natsu...