Thirty Two - "We're the fucking losers club!"

Start from the beginning

"Yeah Stan?"

"You know you're my best friend right?"

"Of course, you're mine too." She told him with a smile on her lips, "What's this all about?"

"When college comes around I want to go to New York, to get away from everything here you know?"

"And?"

"And I don't want to be alone again."

"Yes."

"What?"'

"I'll come with you." She moved across the room to where Stanley sat in the hammock and found her place beside him, "You know me better than anyone Stan, so you know I'm telling the truth when I say that I need to get out of this place more than anyone... I have to get away from my Aunt."

"I just want to be somewhere that doesn't have killer clowns." Stan smiled and the pair burst into a fit of laughter, the type of laughter that had them grabbing ahold of one another and clutching their stomachs until they were both lay back in the hammock, muted.

"I'm going to get you out of here Lyds." His hand brushed hers, but he couldn't find the courage to take it in his own, "I won't let your Aunt or anyone hurt you ever again."

"You know, I don't think I could live in a world without you Stan the Man."

"Promise?"

"The fuck does that mean?" The Greystone girl began to laugh, before she leaned over and snapped Stan's shower cap over his head.

"Hey! Leave me alone!"

"I am never leaving you Stan Uris." She beamed

"I lied to him..." Lyds mumbled so nobody but herself could hear.

"Lets do this thing losers." Ben half smiled as the four of them climbed from the car.

The man threw an arm around Lyds as they walked and instantly she leaned closer into his touch. The pair had never been especially close as kids but with the void of Stanley and them being forced together by an evil clown once more, you could say they'd become almost like siblings.

"Ben stop trying to steal my wife." Eddie laughed softly, before he took Lyds hand and pulled her into his own warm embrace.

"I don't think I could if I tried." He beamed down on the pair

"Hey what was that back there?" The Kaspbrak man spoke in a low voice, his eyes fell upon the woman he loved like the plague. Instantly, Lyds felt uncomfortable under his gaze and remorse filled her soul, it was her fault Stanley was missing.

"I was just thinking about Stan."

"Lyds you haven't stopped thinking about Stan since we got here, whatever happened to him-"

"Get off of me!"

The closer they got to the library's entrance the more they could hear the yells from inside. The sounds only grew louder as they stepped inside and before anyone could stop her Lyds had broken off into a sprint in search of her friends. Mike was in danger, she knew it, she felt it.

"Lyds! Stop!" Eddie hissed, falling further and further behind his lover as she became lost in the stacks of books. "Lyds? L? Where are you?"

But Lydia Kaspbrak was too far ahead to hear her husband, so far ahead in fact that as she ran to Mike's defence she ran directly into the back of Richie and hit the ground with a thud.