Chapter 1 part 1

A strike for what is good

There was a commotion. A crash, a bang. Some were drawn to it, others fled. On the roof of the dark castle stood Roulx and the Spade king, all tired and bloodthirsty. The guards were too fearful to step in and assist. This was a battle against royalty and power. “This is an act of treason Roulx!” Spade king shouted as moved out of the way of what seemed like a lightning bolt. “WHAT YOU’VE DONE IS TREASON!” Roulx shouted back. He was in a blind rage, as this fight had begun due to a slash to the face. Not Roulx but to the kings own son, Lancer. The poor boy wept in a corner, hiding his face due to the injury his father had given him. To Roulx, who seemed to only tolerate the young boy, this was an unforgivable action and was prepared to strike down the king without hesitation. Roulx took a blow to the chest by The King’s spadle but as he did so, a lighting bolt came down between them, splitting it in half and knocking them both over. Blue blood was everywhere, the dark world seemed to tremble. Roulx got up and shuffled his way over to the king, malice in his eyes. “Thou shall draw his last breath. Any last words?” Roulx growled as he climbed onto the king. “You’ll regret this Roulx. You traitor.” Spade King said weakly. “Then regret it I shall and a traitor I’ll be.” Roulx said, kneeling down and plunging a hand through the king's neck. The king choked and squirmed before he finally went quiet. Roulx removed his hand and shook some of the blood off. He then got off and kicked the king off the side of the castle. He felt cold inside. It took him a moment to realize what he had done and that his lighting had set the castle ablaze with blue fire. By then, the few guards who had been there had gone to get the others to evacuate. Roulx ran to go find Lancer, picking up a small C.Round along the way. They had to leave. Roulx found Lancer in his room, still crying. He hadn't noticed the smoke or heard all the panic. Roulx scooped him up and ran all the way down the stairs. By the time they had gotten outside, the castle was burning brightly. The fire may not be able to burn things but most definitely burned people and could spread. He took a moment to catch his breath and calm down lancer a bit. “It’s ok lancer...It’s ok…” Roulx cooed. Then, from behind, they heard shouting. “THERE HE IS! HE HAS THE KING’S SON!” a group of the more braver guards who had gone back in to find survivors had noticed the three. “HALT! IN THE NAME OF THE 4- I mean 3 KINGS! YOU’RE UNDER ARREST!” half the group split off to arrest Roulx but he ran with Lancer still in his arms. He ran and ran. Bypassing puzzles and enemies. No matter how tired or out of breath he was, he kept going. He knew of a place, a place sealed off from the rest of the kingdom. A place where the guards couldn't go. He looked behind him to see of the C.Round was still with him and it would always be, along with a group of angry guards in the background. Finally, they had gotten to the large door. He pounded on the door. ‘Ralsie! Ralsie I know you’re in there! We have a little problem!” Roulx looked behind him, the guards were getting closer. Roulx pulled a crown from his pocket and tossed it at the C.Round, making it a K.Round. “Hold them off!” He commanded before going back to pounding on the door. “Ralsie please! We made a deal did we not?! I beg of you!”. The guards got closer but K.Round Stomped, knocking them all over. Just then, the doors opened and a paw pulled Roulx and Lancer through. The K.Round rolled through the door before it closed. There was nothing more than a faint pounding on the door now.