I grabbed stuffed my lunchbox and books into my bag and made my way out the door. School didn't start for awhile, but I had to get some coffee soon if I wanted to survive this day. I took out my headphones and made a journey to McDonald's.

It was quite empty when I got there, so I ordered and left with my coffee quite quickly. I'd get to school really early, but I was okay with that. I had my phone charger in my bag anyways. 

While I was walking to school, my phone started vibrating and I held it up, revealing a picture or Charlotte. I swiped my screen to accept the call and held the phone up to my ear.

"Sup, bitch." I greeted, smiling. It was good to have friends like this again. I may not know Ryan that well, but I feel like Charlotte could be my new Luke. I shouldn't have a problem replacing him; he did it so easily with me.

"Hey, babe. When are you getting to school because it's boring as hell here." She said. I laughed.

"Don't insult Hell like that. It's not nearly as bad as school." I said. She laughed, which ended up being a snort.

"Oh my goodness! I snorted!" She said. I giggled, and she gasped.

"Forget my snorting, you just giggled! Oh my God. You're like a kitten." She said. I blushed, and I was glad she couldn't see me. I blush a lot. 

"I'm at the school, by the way." I said, taking a sip of my coffee. I hung up on her without warning, as I could see her. She got up and ran towards me.

"Hey." She greeted. I waved and smiled.

"Cutie over there is staring at you." She said, looking over my shoulder.

"How cute?" I asked.

"Pretty cute. I think his name is like Luke?" She answered.

"His name is Asshole, actually." I said, rolling my eyes and walking to our table. Charlotte looked shocked, but followed me to our table.

"Asshole, huh? What'd he do?" She asked. I was surprised that she didn't know he was my best friend, since him and I were attached at the hip.

"He was my best friend, but he met better people this year and stopped hanging out with me." I said, taking a sip of my coffee. This made me feel professional for some reason. Just that feeling of achievement. I don't know why, though.

"That jerk." She said. I nodded, looking back over to Luke, who was still staring at me. I flipped him off, then looked at Charlotte, who also flipped him off. 

~

Luke's POV

I had no reason to be pissed at him. But I was. I was the one who stopped talking to him yet I blamed him for it. I was sitting next to him in math right now. We didn't chose that; it just always happened with Irwin and Hemmings. 

I was really angry right now. I tried to be nice to him through texts, and what do I get? He's just a sarcastic ass. I furrowed my eyebrows, pushing down on my pencil, which caused the led to snap off. I sighed, knowing that the teacher's was broken and I lacked one. I had to talk to Ashton.

"Ash, can I borrow your pencil sharpener?" I asked. He nodded, randomly searching his bag until he found it. When he did, the bell rang and he threw it at me and left. I sighed, grabbing it and putting my pencil in. I turned it a couple of times and then pulled it out. It still looked the same. I looked at the pencil sharpener and gasped.

The blades were gone.

~

Ashton's POV

I walked out of math quickly. I felt like I was about to cry just sitting by him. I ran to my locker. When I got there, I dropped everything. My books, my notebook, my binder, everything. Spray painted across the red locker in black words was a three letter word.

Fag. 

There was a crowd around me. Everyone was laughing. A couple of the boys looked proud. Luke looked sad. Charlotte and Ryan looked sad. If they looked sad, I must have looked like a wreck. 

I didn't hesitate to run. 

I ran right out the school. I ran out the back, of course, so no teachers would see. I was going to run home, but someone grabbed my wrist. It hurt, but I remembered not to let anyone know. I turned around to see Charlotte, along with Ryan.

"Go away." I said, wiping my eyes and turning around. She just grabbed my arm again and turned me around, this time pulling me into a hug. I just buried my face in her neck and cried, because that's one of the only things I wanted to do right now.

The other thing was kill myself.

~