Central City's Own Hero

Barry put on the glasses and helmet again and went to the starting point, where he was starting to run. Looked back at us one time and Dr. Wells put on his sunglasses and then suddenly, there was this powerfull wind from when Barry ran away and he was gone.

Cisco fell backwards on butt and stepped forwards in suprise. I then heard Barry scream.
B: Whoo-hoo!!!
C: He just passed 200 knots per hour.
CS: It's not possibly.
Suddenly Barry lost control over his speed that he crashed.
Y/N: Oh my god! BARRY!!

Some time went by and we were back at S.T.A.R. Labs.
CS: It looks like you had a distal radius fracture.
Y/N: Had?
CS: It's healed. In three hours.
B: How is that even possibly?
CS: We don't know. Yet.
C: You really need to learn how to stop.
I chuckled a little when Cisco said that.
HW: What happened out there today? You were moving pretty well and then something caused you to lose focus.
B: I started remembering something.
Harrison looked at Barry confused.
B: When I was 11, my mother was murdered.
Caitlin and Cisco stopped what they were doing and looked at Barry.
B: It was late. The sound woke me up. I came downstairs and I saw what looked like a ball of lightning.
Wells took of his glasses and continued to listen to Barry.
B: Inside the lightning there was a man. He killed my mom. They arrested my dad. He's still sittning in Iron Heights for her murder. Everyone, the cops, the shrinks, they all told me what I saw was impossible. But what if the man who killed my mom was like me?
HW: Well, I think I can say unequivocally you are one of a kind.
Barry simply nodded in agreement.
B: I'm gonna go and meet Iris now.
He went into the hall and I followed him.
Y/N: Hey! You okay?
B: Yeah, I'm fine. It just brought back memories.
Y/N: I am here for you if you want to talk about anything.
B: Thank you Y/N.
Y/N: Come here!
I said as I offered a hug. He took it.
B: I got to go but I'll see you later?
Y/N: Yeah, I'll stay here and help them if they need help.
B: Okay, bye.
Y/N: Bye Barry.

Barry's pov

I went to Jitters to talk to Iris when I saw her come out of Jitters and walked up to a guy that looked familiar. She said something to him and he answeard her. Then she grabbed his face and said something. All of a sudden she kissed him. She saw me and I smiled at her and she smiled back.

After awhile we were walking around.
I: You can't tell my dad. He dosen't know about me and Eddie.
B: Dosen't seem like anyone's in on the secret.
I: I was gonna tell you. When you were in the hospital Eddie covered my father's shifts so we could both be with you. I thanked him with a cup of coffee, and things just kind of happend. And it's good.
B: Dating your partner's daughter. Isn't that against departement regulations?
I: Why are you so upset?
B: I just don't havning to lie to, your dad, you know.
We then looked away from eachother when we heard sirens and looked in the derection of the sound. One of the police cars lost control and headed straight to us. I grabbed Iris and jumped out of the way. I looked to see who was drivning the car that the police was chaising and saw Clyde Mardon. It can't be. He and his brother died at the night of the partical accelerator explosion. He looked me in the eyes and drove away. I got up from the ground and ran after Mardon's car. I looked at the door and got in. I saw Mardon trying to pull a gun out of his jeans so I grabbed the wheel and twisted it so we flew up in the air and landed upside down. When I got out of the car Clyde was already out and was walking away from the car.
B: Hey! Mardon!
He turned around and looked at me. He looked at me dead in the eye and then suddenly there was fog everywhere. I looked around then back at Mardon. He looked at me then he dissapeared. I heard a car honking then there was an explosion and the car that was honking flew and I ran to the side of the road to the grass and fell. The car landed upside down.

--Time Skip--

It was a little later and me and Iris was still at the scene. The ambulace and the cops and the firefighters were here now.
I: That poor man. The way that fog came in, I have never seen anything like it.
J: Barry! Iris.
I: I'm all right, Dad.
J: What the hell were you thinking, having here out here?
I: No, no, n-
J: And I told you, when you see danger, you run the other way. You're not a cop!
I: Because you wouldn't let me!
J: You're damn right!
B: Joe, I need to talk to you.
J: It can wait.
B: No, now.
I took two stepps away from Iris but She could still hear us.
B: I know who did this.
Joe nodded for me to continue.
B: It's Clyde Mardon.
Joe was about to say something bu I continued.
B: I know, everybody thinks he died in a plane crash after the S.T.A.R. Labs explosion, but he's alive.
Joe just simply nodded.
B: Something happend to him that night. I--. I think he can control the weather. The reason robberies, they all happend during freak meteorological events. And when I just confronted Mardon, the street was instantly enveloped in fog.
Joe just looked at me and didn't say a word.
B: Of course you don't believe me. You never belive me.
J: Okay. You wanna do this now? Out here? Fine. Mardon is dead. There is no controlling the weather, Barry. Just like there was no lightning storm in your house that night. It was your brain helping a scared little boy accept what he saw.
B: My dad did not--
J: Yes, he did! Your dad killed you Mother, Barry! I am sorry, son! But I knew it, the jury knew it. Now he's paying for what he did.
I: Dad, enough!
J: Iris. I have done my best to take care of you since that night. And I've never asked for anything in Return. Not even a thank you. But what I do ask now is that you for once in your life see things as they are.
I looked down at the ground with tears in my eyes and walked away.

--Y/N pov--

I heard the door open and saw Barry walke in.
Y/N: Barry, your--
B: I wasn't the only one affected by the partical accelerator explosion, was I?
Y/N: Barry, what do you mean?
Harrison looked at Caitlin and Cisco then back at Barry.
HW: We don't know for sure.
B: You said the city was safe, that there was no reidual danger. But that's not true. So what really happened that night?
Harrison looked at Caitlin and Cisco again then back at Barry.
HW: Well, the accelerator went active.
Dr. Wells started tapping his screen on his wheelchair.
HW: We all felt like heroes, and then...
He looked passed Barry to the bigger screen and continued to talk. Barry turned around and I looked at the screen aswell.
HW: ... it all went wrong. The dimensioal barrier ruptured unleashing unknown enegies into our world. Antimatter, dark energy, X-elements--
B: Those are all theoretical.
Barry said as he looked at Dr. Wells
HW: And how theoretical are you?
Barry looked back at the screen.
HW: We mapped the dispersion through out and around Central City through we have no way of knowing exactly what or who was exposed. We've been searching for other meta-humans like yourself.
Y/N: Meta-humans?
CS: That's what we're calling them.
B: I saw one today. He's a bank robber. And he can control the weather.
C: This just keeps getting cooler.
B: This is not cool! All right? A man died!
Y/N: Barry! Cool down a bit, okay?
He nodded.
B: Mardon must have gotten his powers the same way I did, from the storm cloud. He's still out there! We have to stop him before he hurts anyone else!
He was about to walk out the door when Dr. Wells spoke.
HW: Barry. That's a job for the police.
B: I work for the police.
HW: As a forensic assistant.
B: You're responsible for this. For him.
HW: What's impotant is you! Not me. I lost everything. I lost my company. I lost my reputation. I lost my freedom. And then you broke your arm and it healed in three hours. Inside your body could be a map to a whole new world. Genetic therapies, vaccinet, medicines, treasures buried deep within your cells. And we can not risk losing everything because you want to go out and play hero! Yor're not a hero. Yor're just a young man who was strul by lightning.
B: You know... The man that took me in when my mom was killed, Joe, he said about the same thing today to me. Everyone keeps pushing me down.
Barry then walked away into the corridors. And I ran after him.
Y/N: Barry, wait!
B: What? You here to drag me down as well?
Y/N: Come on, Barry! You know I would never do that.
B: Yeah, I'm sorry.
Y/N: I just wanted to say that I believe you, Barry. I believe that Clyde Mardon is alive. You wanna know why's that?
B: Yeah?
Y/N: Because I believe in you, Barry Allen. I believe that you can do some good in this world. Don't let anyone tell you different. Don't let anyone bring you down like Harrison just did back there. And FYI, I'll always be there for you, Barry.
B: Thank you, Y/N.
Y/N: Now. Where are you going? Or should I say running to?
B: Hah. Yeah. I'm just going to talk to a friend in Star City.
Y/N: Star City, huh? Who, if you don't mind me asking?
B: The Green Arrow.

A/N: Thank you for reading this guys! Keep reading to find out what happens next!