Chapter 13: Spring Again/Silly Caterpillar Chase (Pt. 3)

It was Spring once again.

On a beautiful warm Spring day with birds singing, Big Mama got out of her tree as she was cover by Autumn leafs before she threw them away.

Suddenly, she heard laughters , looked down Lily and the grown up Tod who had a collar around his neck covered with leafs.

"Well, look who's here!", Big Mama said as she flew on a fence by Tod who shook all the leafs off of him. "Oh, my goodness!"

Lily laughed as she brushed the leafs off her hair and her dress.

Tod looked up and smiled when he saw the owl who brushed one leaf off of his head.

"I'm sorry, Tod honey", she apologized as she laughed.

At the same time, Dinky and Boomer appeared and landed next to Big Mama who about to speak more to Tod, "I hope--"

"Hiya, Big Mama!", Dinky greeted her who jumped in surprise and relaxed when she saw her old bird friends. "We're back! We've flew all the way!"

"Yeah! We did. We did.", Boomer said nodded his head.

"Welcome home, boy!", Big Mama greeted him with a group hug. "You know, it's kinda been lonesome around here without you rascals."

Lily smiled at the very sweet reunion as she kneeled beside Tod.

"Hi, fellas!", Tod greeted Dinky and Boomer who had big eyes in shock as they Tod as a grown fox.

"Hey! Who's that? Who's that?", Boomer asked as his eye gone bug eyed.

Dinky landed on Tod's head, studied him and looked at his face upside down as he asked, "Hey, this can't be that scrawny little squirt we found by the fence post, can it? Come on."

Boomer rubbed his eyes as the grew bigger in shock as he said "I can't believe my eye!"

Lily and Tod laughed and Boomer's reaction.

"Oh, it's me alright", Tod said assuring him.

Dinky noticed a collar around Tod's neck as he said "Hey, looky there! He's got himself a real fancy collar."

Tod smiled before showed them his collar with pride.

"Do you like it? Lily made for me by herself", he told them as Lily smiled at Tod and caressed his head.

"She sure is a special one, that lovely child", Big Mama said as she smiled at the human girl.

Then Tod felt his tail being touched, looked back and Boomer playing with his puffy tail.

"Hey, hey, hey! Just look at this bushy tail", he said and laughed as he wrapped Tod's tail around his head made look like he was wearing a fancy scarf while Lily started to laugh so hard at the woodpecker silliness. "B-B-B-B-Beautiful!"

Big Mama, Dinky, and Tod started to laugh along with Lily who couldn't breath from laughing so hard that she hugged a wooded piece of the fence as she continued laughing.

"Stop it! Stop it! Stop it!", Lily laughed.

Tod pulled his tail away from Boomer and brushed his tail as he laughed, "Oh, come on! Cut it out! You guys are always teasing me!"

Then Dinky stopped laughing when he saw Widow Tweed walked out of a front door, placed her wrinkled plant outside and took the little doll house bed off of it.

Then Dinky saw that Squeaks was hiding behind the plant.

"Hey! It's him! It's him! Squeaks!", he said to Boomer before he looked down at Tod.

"We'll see you later, kid", he said to the fox who looked confused. "We gotta take care of some unfinished business."

Dinky flew over to the house with Boomer behind him just as Lily who had calmed herself down from laughing saw that they're going after that poor caterpillar.

"Oh! Tod, you wait here for a moment", she told her fox friend as she petted him. "I'll be right back."

Tod nodded before Lily followed the two birds.

Widow Tweed looked at her wrinkled plant with an confusing look while Squeaks was hiding from her.

"I can't understand", she said to herself. "It was so healthy."

Then Squeaks saw the old lady lifted her water planter pot over the plant and gasped as the water was poured down on him and the plant.

"There. That oughta perk it up", she said before she walked away from the plant.

The caterpillar poked his head out of the water with a gasp before he sneezed and was sent flying into a drainpipe.

Dinky and Boomer landed on the pipe and looked around.

"Now, where did he go? Where did he go?", Boomer asked Dinky who looked through the pipe.

"He's going up the drainpipe!", he said to the woodpecker. "I'll head him off."

Dinky flew up and landed next to the other end of the drainpipe before he called Boomer through the pipe. "Okay, Boomer, we got him trap! Let him have it!"

Boomer pecked the drainpipe so hard that made Dinky sent flying off the pipe and said sat there dazed.

Squeaks got himself dazed out of the pipe before he saw the dazed Dinky, screamed in fright and started to crawl away from the birds.

Then he looked down and saw the human girl racing over to his rescue.

Lily saw what the birds were doing to the poor thing, signaled him to crawled onto the power lines by pointing at them.

He nodded and followed her instructions to get away from his enemies who looked through the other end of the pipe.

"Did you get him?" Boomer asked Dinky who shook his head.

"No, I didn't", he replied.

"Neither did I."

Then they saw Squeaks crawling the power lines as fast as he can.

"Come on! Look!", Dinky told Boomer as the flew after him.

Squeaks crawled into one of the power line's glass insulators for safety.

Dinky and Boomer landed on the power lines and Boomer laughed as they saw him hiding in the glass.

"A caterpillar in a glass. Oh, boy", Boomer said before he started pecking on the glass.

Lily, who was watching this, knew it's not going to end well for them and tried to warn them before Dinky and Boomer got electrocuted and was sent flying away from the glass that just popped.

Squeaks poked his head out as he got shocked inside.

The dazed Boomer's feathers on his head was so puffy and Dinky was grey from the electric shock.

"Holy!", Boomer gasped.

"Smoke!", Dinky coughed.

Lily cringed at the sight and hoped Dinky, Boomer and Squeaks are okay.

Squeaks crawled crawled out of the glass and with his head up, he started to crawl away from Dinky and Boomer as he started to glow with each "BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! ect." much to Boomer's shock.

"Hey! Hey! How's he do that, Dinky?", he asked Dinky. "How's he do that?"

Lily laughed as she shook her head at this before she started to head back to Tod now that Squeaks was safe and sound.

Hi guys!

The next chapter to focus more on the friendship between Tod and Lily before Copper comes back from the hunting.

So I'll upload more chapters soon! =)