Chapter 2

"So "Jungkook said,his voice conversational "You won't tell my father.?"

"No it wouldn't benefit anyone to bring him into this "

"I might tell him "Jungkook said tone light and casual. Obnoxious.

"And why would you do that? "

"As I said. He would do anything about it.He has no leverage .At least as far as he can do to me .You won't last long anyways. He will fire you like the rest of them.

Taehyung 's grip tightened around the steering will "He won't "

"Really? "

"I will be personally guarding you. Your father knows there is no one better for the job"

"Does he?"he said his tone flat.

"The guards of the clan can't always keep tabs on you because they have  other things  to do.They can't be running around after a spoilt brat  who dosent have any interest in his own safety. Which leaves me for the job .You may not  realize this ,because your spoilt tendencies keep you from looking far outside yourself  but this is more than image "

Is it?I thought it was mainly to make sure I don't look unsuitable to possible fiancees"

"This is about your safety.You are an important piece of political power "

"Am i? "he  interjected false suprise breathing to his tone "And here I thought I was just Jungkook "

He  looked towards Taehyung who wouldn't take his eyes off the road. "I'm just a pawn "

"An important one "Taehyung said.

Jungkook snorted and flopped back into the seat "What  can  I ask for "He felt as though he was crawling out of his skin .He was  so angry that he thought he would fold in onto himself. He was  being  outrageous he  knew it but it was his power. His only power.

Taehyung had been too disturbing. He wasn't like any other gaurds he had had. He was far too big, too masculine .Broad shoulders, a square jaw and a mouth that looked like it had never smiled. And his eyes could hold someone  spell bound but right now they looked every bit  of cold.

It was way too easy for Jungkook to mess with his father 's goons because  they were far much more interested in what was going on around them but Taehyung  focused way too much into him  like no one did. He didn't like it at all .

"Perhaps you could ask for more toys to keep you busy at home "Taehyung finally spoke up.

"You think  I'm rich so I don't have a right to complain ?"Jungkook asked.

"No,not at all .I'm not here to have an opinion. It will only imply that   I care but  I don't . I'm just doing my job keeping you safe and scandal free.I will do it"

"Until my marriage,?"

"After if I must"

A strange thought .That he would be guarded even after his marriage was secured and  yet  he knew it was true .He was born  from a noble clan and destined to marry a royal .From the moment he had been born  ,his life had been controlled to what shoes he should wear in the morning but not anymore .

And of course the man he would marry would be carefully selected. Just like his breakfast cereal. He had woken up to a clawing fear that he would never be able to make decisions in his life .Not one. Not about where he went or what he ate.That was when the serious rebellion started. So TK could talk about duty and being spoiled all he wanted but he didn't know how if felt to be Jeon Jungkook.He was the enemy.