Part 1

Faaiq's P.O.V:-

"Faaiq! Are you coming down or you want us to come up?!" My friend Luqman threatens from the other end of the phone as I finish clasping my watch on my wrist. I remove the curtain to peek out and spots them sitting in a familiar blue Camry parked in front of my house.

"Alright, I am coming....Habibi, I am almost there" I mutter in an English accent and hang up giving myself one last look in the mirror. I am tall around 6 feet with jet black eyes and a well-toned personality as I brush my hand in the thick black hairs which shine because of the gel that I have just applied.

I run down and reach to open the door which is already half-opened by my bunch of friends sitting in the car.

"Marhaba! Marhaba! Maa Shaa Allah, here comes the groom of the month.." my friends cheer as Luqman announces loudly when I turn to face them. I sit on the passenger seat beside Luqman and I couldn't help smiling at them as they sound excited. Iqbal and Talha are sitting behind me as Iqbal slaps my back warmly.

"Jazaak Allah Khair..." I reply to them a little embarrassed. They start to inquire about the wedding and venue as nothing is finalized yet as I have only agreed to get into this marital bond because my Mom insisted on it and this worries me. I had discussed this with Luqman who had announced it to others in my group.

"Ahem...Ahem...You are making us wait, I wonder what is going to happen after the wedding?" Iqbal chimes in from behind giving Luqman a wink as they try to nag me.

"Looks like the groom is going to go invisible and forget that we even exist after the wedding," Luqman adds jokingly as I glare at him in response trying to enjoy their comments. He is the one who gets all this attention on me as he wiggles his eyebrows knowingly.

"Well for now we all should get a treat or else we won't get our hands on him later," Talha yells from behind as I agree to their request and need a break so I speak up.

"Where are we going by the way?" I ask trying to deliberately change the topic but Luqman guesses it and he won't allow this chance of pulling my leg, go out of his hand.

"Now don't try to change the topic....by the way, we won't be coming over after the wedding if you feel disturbed..right?" He winks at Iqbal and Talha. "So when we are being so kind to you, you should at least be courteous and give us an expensive treat."

"Fine! You are my pals....and you can have your treat anywhere you want but it's not that I am going to disappear. I will hang up with you even after my wedding" I promise them as this marriage means nothing to me and only I know it.

"What about Mrs. Faaiq?" Talha inquires in a deep voice and I shrug at his question.

"She is getting a sponsor...what more can she have?" I think to myself but feel it improper to express it that way so I smile at them before replying.

"Good things come to those who wait," I wink at them to which they hoot wildly, and again, I deliberately change the topic.

"Anyways where are we going for now?"

"We are going to Talha's place for now as he has a few DVDs of recent Bollywood releases and then we can hang out in Java lounge for a while," Luqman suggests as I nod with a small frown. I learned Hindi from my Mom even though I don't use it much in my daily conversations but I do understand it very well.

"So we are going to the Aziziya?" I ask and he nods in affirmative turning on his car ignition. In another twenty minutes, we park in front of Talha's house.