➷ Family | Hyakuya Yuuichiro

百夜 優一郎

a/n: this one shot is inspired by a chapter in the manga

but don't worry, this isn't much of a spoiler for the story plot in OnS :)

»«

You shakily walked pass Aoi, lowering you head, unable to meet your sister's cold eyes.

Just as you thought you would get in the Hīragi building and avoid any hurtful conversation with her, she voiced out,

"As expected from my good-for-nothing sister, betraying the Hīragi, betraying us"

You froze as you stopped in your tracks, you bit your lips, hands clenched tight.

Being born in the Sangu family the last thing you wanted, but you don't have a choice, do you?

"The Hīragi have done so much for Sangu, and that is why we swore to serve our lives to the Hīragi's, and now you, betraying the JIDA, you should be ashamed" you turn to face her, wanting to at least try to explain to your sister.

"I-"

"Enough, you ungrateful child" your heart clenched, your eyes wide, staring at your sister while she looked down on you, though she have never look at your way even once, ever since childhood. You still couldn't bring yourself to hate her, she is your sister, after all.

"Hey!" your eyes widened in horror as Yuu stood beside you and shouted at her.

"Yuu-"

"How could you say that to your own sister? Do you know how lucky you are to have a family member in this corrupted world? How could you bring yourself to say such disgusting words towards her?"

Yuu was fuming, he couldn't bare to see someone insulting his friend, his family.

There was a moment of silence, Aoi was staring at Yuu, you couldn't make out what she's thinking, you silently pray for Yuu to not get executed by his rude act towards her.

"Ah, I see" her face showed a amuse glint as she look at you.

"Did you sleep with him? Is that why you betrayed us? For him?"

Your body shook as you look down, tears were threatening to spill, your face red with embarrassment.

Did your sister really humiliated you like that?

"You-" Yuu was about to retort but was stopped by you grabbing his wrist, shaking your head slightly, no more.

"Aoi, that's enough." Shinya spoke as he stares at Aoi, hands in his pocket.

"L-Lord Shinya" Aoi quickly bowed her head, ashamed that she have let a Hīragi seen this
side of her.

Shinya casted you a worried glance, before walking in with Guren, Aoi quickly followed suit.

You let out a shaky breath, before looking up to Yuu.

"Why...why did you do that?" your voice soft and small.

He look at you before raising a brow in confuse.

"Why did I do that? Isn't it obvious? She's saying horrible things to you! I can't just ignore that!" he exclaimed loudly.

"But..." you trailed as you look down at your feet.

Yuu's eyes soften at the girl in front of him, he grabbed your hands, causing you to look up at him once again, in shock.

"I can't just let her talk bad about my family"

Your eyes widened, tears gathered in your eyes once more, your heart felt...warm.

Wrapping your arms around him, you place your head on his chest, closing your eyes and sighed softly.

"Thank you..."

Yuu flinched at first, his face reddening, but soon calmed down and wrap his arms around you too, placing his chin on your head.