Danger

I do not own anything but my characters.

Quotes and meanings below.

"Speaking aloud"

'Speaking telepathically'

Subconscious thoughts, deep in the mind and cannot be heard by others at all

My fanfiction & Wattpad: VivicaNight

My deviantart: Horrorgir1

Chapter 2: Danger

A repetitive sound grabs hold of my mind, quickly pulling me from my slumber and into reality.

The door to the room I'm in slams open, making me nearly jump out of my skin, jolting up and locking my attention on the door as it swings open.

A bright light enters the room, seemingly from a flashlight.

Squinting my eyes, sensing my intruders are human, I raise a hand to block the light from my eyes, "Uh...hello?" I speak, pulling the blanket up to my chest in an attempt to cover myself up.

"...She's alive...?" An elderly lady's voice speaks in shock behind the man carrying the flashlight.

The light to the room gets flicked on, lighting my surroundings completely, the flashlight turns off.

Groaning from the bright disturbance, I glare at the police officer and motel owner in my room in annoyance.

"I'm sorry for the intrudence, ma'am, this woman claimed you were deceased." The middle-aged police officer explains to me, moving his attention to the old woman I met when I booked my room.

The woman watches me in shock, looking at the officer, "Sir, I came in here no longer than 10 minutes ago, this girl wasn't breathing! She was pale, she didn't even have a heartbeat!" She tries explaining, still in shock.

"...You came in here while I was sleeping?" I ask the woman.

She looks at me, "You've been here for over a week, honey. Every call and knock to your room never received a response from you. You were to be gone 48 hours ago." She explains.

Hiding my surprise, I make up an excuse on the spot, "I lost track of time, I've been so busy with everything going on concerning my family, I will give you the money owed and leave as soon as I can."

"This woman informed me that you looked as though you were attacked the night you showed up here. Is that true?" The officer asks in an attempt to help me, crossing his arms.

"I was in a car crash...I needed a few days to regain my footing. My car was totaled and towed a few counties away, I've got everything under control, thank you." I attempt to end the conversation, wanting them to leave me alone.

The officer nods, "As long as you know where you are going, I will leave you be. Have a good night, ma'am." He says, leaving the room, the old woman watches me.

Looking at her, she speaks up, "I will be at the front desk expecting your payment." Her voice changes tone suddenly, leaving the room, closing the door behind her.

Furrowing my eyebrows in confusion at the sudden attitude change, I brush it off and crawl out of the bed.

Placing my feet upon the floor, my body aches due to being shut down for so long, groaning from the aches, I walk to the bathroom.

Figuring I can finally take a shower before I go, I remove my panties and turn the shower on.

The pipes screech as I twist the old knob, the sound of liquids moving through the pipe sound from the wall, but something seems off.