“Let me go Manoban!” I squirm under her weight, but her hands pinned my arms above my head.

“You know I can’t do that Ms. Kim” she clenches her teeth and leans back down, her beautiful face inches above mine.

“Liar! You already did! You left me. You disappeared without a word then show up like everything is okay! You’re a selfish bastard, and I hate you for breaking my heart twice…” my rage was replaced with disappointment. The last words came out as a choked sob, my voice breaking at the end.

Her jaw clenches, and she stares at me with those beautiful doe-eyes that held me captivated for years. I was confused with all the emotions bottled up inside of me - anger, disappointment, pain and sadness but my craving for Lisa dominated them all.

Once again, I struggle against her hold and tried to reach for her mouth to bite her again, but she strongly held me down with one hand. I scowl at her while tears of my bitterness burn my eyes.

With her free hand, she reached for my face.

Her gaze softens and her expression changes.

“I hate you Manoban” Tears fell down my eyes and Lisa removes her grip to catch the tears streaming down my cheeks.

As soon as my hands were free, I pushed at her chest but it was useless. She stayed, her arms caged me in.

“My Ruby Jane” she hummed against my ear, my name I have kept from three years ago rolled off from her tongue.

Shock spikes through me.

“I remember Jennie, I remember you and I’m sorry” her voice breaking at the end.

Her memories actually returned.

She removes herself on top of me and sits on the edge of the bed. Her shoulders dropped and her head hang low. With her back facing away from me, I noticed a few scars from her shoulder blades.

“I’m sorry for breaking my promise. I didn’t mean to – “

She runs her fingers through her hair, and I hear her cry.

“I swear I wanted to protect you that day, but something happened and I lost everything. I lost my father, my fucking memories and I lost the only constant thing in my life –“ she pauses and wipes her tears.

“You.”

The sound of her cry shattered my heart into pieces. Watching Lisa this broken is painful than her disappearance.

I propped myself from the bed and wrapped my right arm around Lisa’s heaving shoulder while my left arm snaked around her exposed torso. Her bare back was warm against my skin as I rested my right cheek on her exposed skin.

“I wish I could go back and fix everything, but I couldn’t. I –I tried, but I messed up so bad. Eric is still out there. I tried to stay away because I don’t want to involve you and risk your safety so I tried, I tried to stay away Jennie but I can’t. I planted a spy to look after you just to keep me sane but everytime your in pain, I am too. I couldn’t stand it. And it's driving me crazy. I don't know what I'll do if ever I  –“

“Shhh. It’s okay Lisa, everything will be okay” I placed a soft kiss on her shoulder and she leans against my arms that are holding her.

She turns around and cups my face with both her hands. She leans closer, resting her forehead against mine, I closed my eyes – relishing the feeling of Lisa’s warmth

She’s back.

Her memories are back and she’s still here with me.

“I’m sorry baby,” she murmurs against my tear stained cheeks before claiming my mouth.

She kissed me, delicately.

“It wasn’t supposed to happen like that. I was supposed to protect you but I fucked up –“ she mumbles against my lips.

We kissed while tears stream down from the both of us. I never imagined kissing someone while crying, it's ridiculous.

But I was wrong, Lisa made me do it.

I missed her so bad and it made me cry.

I missed Lisa, and I can’t bare another second without her.

I'm too happy that she's here.

I can't stop my tears.

If fate really gave us another chance, I swear I wouldn't let anything keep us apart ever again.

-------

AN: goodmorning Jenlisa nation! Here's a soft chapter for us all.

Finally, they're back at each other's arms! 😊

Now what would the next chapter be? 🤔

by the way, I'm still sick but I can't keep my hands off the keyboard. 🤧🤣