Chapter 16

A/N: Hey guys I'm back from Italy! :) It was such an awesome trip, but what was more awesome was that when I came back I saw this story had more than 1000 reads! I will never get tired of saying how much you guys rock! You have no idea! Thank you guys so much for reading this story, it means honestly so much! You guys are the reason I keep writing! Thank you so much again and hope you enjoy this chapter :)

Jade P.O.V

I looked at Ashton and then at the rose and then back at Ashton. I still had my mouth open from shock! I looked quickly to the candles and re read them again. The flickering candles read the same thing that I had read 1 minute ago. I snapped my eyes to Ashton again. He was still holding out the rose to me and he was looking at me with a nervous expression.

 Say something! My brain told me. I cant! I replied.

 I quickly blinked and processed Ashton's words in my head. Was I somehow imagining this whole thing?

  He gently stroked his thumb over my hand "I know you might not feel the same way Jade....but I....I like you very much..more than a friend, and I honestly dont want to waste anymore seconds, minutes, hours, or days! I want you to be my girlfriend, only mine" he said sweetly looking down at our hands.

I closed my mouth and felt warm all over. I bit on my lip, this was too beautiful to be true! Ashton was finally asking me out! What I had always wanted was finally happening!

But.....

 I sighed and got an upset feeling in the pit of my stomach quickly. I looked at Ashton, I opened my mouth to speak but my mouth was suddenly dry. Ashton put the rose in my hand and looked deeply in my eyes.

 Say something now!!! I told myself.

 I bit on my lip more and cleared my throat "Ashton...you dont have to do this" I told him sadly.

 He looked at me confused "What?" he asked.

 I pointed to the candles with my chin "That" I said. Ashton looked at the candles and then back at me. "Jade Im not following you" he said cocking his head to the side. I grew warm all over as I saw him do that little gesture with his head. He looked adorable!

 I cleared my throat again "You dont have to pretend you like me to get me to forgive you, I already do forgive you Ashton, you didnt have to do this whole thing" I told him swallowing a knot in my throat. I had wanted this to be true so badly! But Ashton was my friend only and he didn't like me the way I liked him.

 Ashton still hadnt let go of my hand, his touch was sending tingles in my hand. He smiled slightly "Jade...I didnt do all of this so you could forgive me." he said letting go of my hand and cupping my cheek.

"I would never hurt you like that Jade bear! I'am actually...asking you to be my girlfriend" he said softly looking into my eyes. This time I was the one who looked at him confused, I looked into his soft blue eyes and felt my heart starting to beat a mile.

 "Wait so....this...you'r doing it because....."

"Because I like you, I've liked you for so long Jade, I've always wanted to ask you but I've always been afraid of you'r reaction. We have been friends for some time now and ever since I saw you I felt something for you, I always tried to ignore it though. But this little argument we had, it made me realize how important you are to me. How much I want to be by your side the whole time of the day. How much I want you to be my girlfriend." he said quietly. But I heard him clear as bells!

My heart thumped wildly at his words. I felt a rush of warmth pass through me, excitement started to form in me. Happiness started to bubble in my stomach. I looked into his eyes trying to find the truth in them. I saw sincerity in them and I smiled widely, happy tears stung my eyes.