Act 2 - Chapter 5

Note:

For the sake of clarity, whenever a character is in their transformed state, their name will be given in italics.

For example:

Helga G. Pataki = Helga

Sailor Moon = Helga

Helga waited patiently at the corner of the block, behind a building. She looked down at her palms, sighed and waited. Waited until...

"Oof!" Arnold bumped square into Helga as he turned the corner, falling right to the ground.

"Watch where you're going, football-head!" scolded Helga, angrily. Arnold dusted himself off, annoyed.

"Sorry," he said as he got up and continued on his way. Helga decided to follow him.

"So, where are you off to?"

"I just had to pick up something for Grandma and Grandpa," replied Arnold guardedly.

"Oh, so I guess you're the errand boy for today," Helga mused. "What an exciting life you live, football-head..."

"Is there something you wanted from me, Helga?" Arnold asked.

"Nah, I just wanted to bug you for a bit," she teased. "It's a free country, isn't it? I should be able to harass anyone I please,"

"Yeah, I guess," Arnold muttered, dejectedly. "I just don't know why it always has to be me..."

"Because you...are such an easy target," as she said this, Helga had taken Arnold into a headlock and gave him a noogie. "Anyway, I gotta run. Have fun with your errands."

And just as soon as she had appeared, Helga ran off. Arnold looked on, perplexed, then shrugged his shoulders and continued to walk; he was unaware that Helga had literally snatched the hat off his head.

Helga waited until she was safely out of the view of prying eyes before taking Arnold's hat to her nose, inhaling deeply, and then letting out a shuddering sigh of contentment.

"What are you doing, Miss Helga?" Helga almost leapt out of her skin when she heard the voice, belonging to Diana.

"Geez! You're worse than Luna with that!" snapped an alarmed Helga, her heart pumping a thousand miles per hour. "Where did you come from anyway?"

"Why did you steal that boy's hat? That wasn't very nice, Miss Helga..."

"So what? I'll give it back to him before he figures it out. I always do."

"Ooh...I see! You must have a secret crush on him, is that it?"

Helga rolled her eyes. "Yeah, I guess you could say something like that..."

"How romantic! And does he like you back?"

Helga looked up at the sky, still gripping Arnold's tiny blue hat between her fingers.

"Well?" pressed Diana.

Helga snapped out her trance and gave the cat a sour look. "Hey, why do you always have to ask so many stupid questions?" she walked off, towards the boarding house, where she would hand off the hat to one of Arnold's grandparents, but make them swear not to tell that she was the one who returned it.

The scouts had their first official meeting the next day, at Patty's house. They had gathered themselves in a circle, with Diana sitting in the middle as the unofficial mediator.