Chapter 4: Persona!

Somewhere, between mind and reality, a long-nosed old man is sitting on a chair, in front of him sat a table with a small lamp, a deck of tarot cards, and four game pieces. Two being recognizable as Y/n's mask, and SMG4's logo. The other two being unknown, one resembling a pen with a glowing red orb, and the other a coin, one side was clear of any dirt or grime, the other side being rusted.

???: The pieces have been set. The game has begun, now we wait. Wait to see if these four have the power to break free. The will to rebel against fate. To resist ruin. Let the rehabilitation begin.

~~~~~

As Meggy, Tari and I were running every cell we passed held the same thing. Naked women, huddling in the corner or in the middle of the floor, crying. I felt hatred towards Kamoshida, what sick twisted soul would do this? We turned the corner to see the guards taking someone out of a cell. Upon closer inspection, I could see it was Saiko! I have never seen Saiko scared, but now.

She was absolutely terrified.

Knowing I had to save her, I ran faster and shouted a single word.

Y/n: Persona!

Like that the flames surrounded me and once again I ripped the mask off my face, less painful, and the blood immediately evaporating from the flames, and Arsene appearing behind me. Rushing forward I slash at the knight pulling at Saiko causing him to let go of her. Arsene backhanded a knight as it tried to get a sneak attack in, seeing the remaining three rush at me I swiftly dodged all their attacks quickly going for my own killing blows. One thing I didn't notice is when these things die, they disappear in a black smoke. I called Arsene back and the mask was back on my face. Unlike last time however, I didn't lose my new outfit. I could still sense danger around every corner. Maybe its just Arsene keeping my guard up.

Meggy: Saiko!

I turn to see Tari and Meggy run to Saiko's side. Noticing she was just in her underwear.

Y/n: Are you alright?

Saiko looked at me scared until she looked closer.

Saiko: Y/n? Is that you?

I nodded, and Saiko pulled me into a hug along with the others. But we had to hurry, so getting out of the hug and grabbing Saiko's clothes I asked if she saw any of our other friends. She said that SMG4 was with her in that cell till they came in to take her, he fought back but was beaten and taken to that bastard Kamoshida in the main room. The others being held in the throne room. We rushed up the stairs and opening the door we saw them. SMG4 on the ground with Kamoshida looking down at him, knights surrounding them and one was clad in golden armor.

Y/n: Stay here.

I rushed forward ready to fight again.

~~~~~

SMG4 Pov

I laid there on the ground, to hurt to get back up. I wasn't able to find Tari, and when those knights came for Saiko, I wasn't able to save her. This bastard of a "king" standing over me. I just accepted I was going to die.

Y/n: Persona!

I looked over to see Y/n with some kind of demon behind him. He began fighting all the knights, killing some of them. But once he got to the gold one, he was quickly overpowered. Now with Y/n under the foot of the knight I knew it was hopeless.

Kamoshida: Don't you get it now? You can't win. Trying to overthrow my rule again? I'll return the kingdom back to its former glory. And i'll start by killing you trash.

I closed my eyes accepting my death.

Tari: Please SMG4! Get up!

I look over to see Tari, Meggy and Saiko. Huh, Y/n must have saved them.

Tari: That man tried to kill Y/n.

Y/n: Not only that, but he tried to rape Tari! You can't let him win!

SMG4: You... tried to rape Tari? And not only that, but you tried to kill one of my best friends?

I don't know why but I felt myself getting back up.

SMG4: That's. It. You've gone too far. You are going to pay you heartless bastard!

I look up seeing him still wearing that shit-eating grin.

SMG4: Stop looking down at me, WITH THAT STUPID SMILE ON YOUR FACE!

Pain shot through my head, too much for me to handle, I collapsed back on the ground and started screaming.

???: (You made me wait quite a while. You seek power, correct? Then let us form a pact. Since your name has been disgraced already, why not hoist the flag and wreak havoc...? The "other you" who exists within desires it thus...I am thou, thou art I...There is no turning back...The skull of rebellion is your flag henceforth!)

~~~~~

Tari Pov

When Glitchy stopped screaming his head shot up and a skull mask appeared on his face he went to take it off and when he did, just like Y/n, he was engulfed in blue flames. The force knocking the gold knight off his balance allowing Y/n to get free. When they died down he was wearing a black jacket and pants with knee pads, a red ascot, combat boots, and yellow gloves. Behind him was a pirate surfing on a small ship.

SMG: Alright, wassup Persona? This fucking rocks. Now that I have this power, its time for payback! Yo, I'm ready! Bring it!

Y/n and SMG stand side by side ready to fight.

Gold knight: Don't mock me you brat!

The knight dissolved into a black and red fountain before coming back as a monster.

SMG: Blast him away, Captain Kidd!

The two put up a great fight. The Eiha spell and knife that Y/n uses helped keep the smaller knights away, while SMG took on the monster using his Zio spell, which called forth lightning, and his bat. After a while the monster and knights were defeated and Kamoshida running up the stairs, probably towards the throne room.

SMG: C'mon Y/n let's go teach this bastard a lesson.

They high-fived each other as they went up the stairs ready to take on Kamoshida.