Chapter 16: Beaded

Start from the beginning

"Thanks." He had said it so low, I almost didn't catch it. He stood there for a few more seconds and I wondered if he had anything to tell me. Then he sighed and walked back into his room. I stepped into the living room and went into the kitchen. I examined the contents of the fridge. There were so many things to eat; I got a little confused as to what to make for breakfast. I decided on scrambled eggs and toast, picking up everything I thought I'd need. I turned around and saw Swash at the door, about to head out.

"Won't you have breakfast or something?"
"Sorry, I'm running late. I have to meet up with Rod. I'll be back later on tonight."
"Okay," I mumbled. He left. Rodney. I didn't want to think about who he was and what he and Swash would be doing at night, but I had a fairly good idea. I was a whore, after all. These things came with the job. I set about making breakfast, trying to occupy my mind but I couldn't help thinking about it. I saw Swash moaning as he pounded the imaginary guy. I saw them making out and fondling. I saw Swash's face contorted with ecstasy as he climaxed.

I was turning myself on.

The toaster rang and I snapped back to reality. What's really wrong with me? Stop thinking nasty thoughts, Mike. I took out the hot pieces and melted butter on them, then tossed in the fried eggs. I poured glass of juice and took my entire breakfast to the couch. My ass hurt a little as I sat down. Damn, I had almost forgotten about that. I was happy for my few days of no action, even though I was a little bored. I flicked through TV channels as I ate. Finally I settled on some show about vampires who were into some girl, simply because the guys who played the vampires looked hot. But I didn't get it. Why couldn't they just eat her and move on? Were vampires supposed to fall in love with their food? I imagined falling in love with a chicken and laughed to myself. The show was strangely interesting though. Maybe I'll start watching it, I thought. I thought about what I'd do for the rest of the day. Sure, I was bored but not really in the mood to go anywhere. It was one of those situations where I didn't see any way I'd come out satisfied. I sighed and took my plate to the kitchen. After washing up and rearranging things in the fridge so they followed some sort of logical order, I returned to the couch and lay down. Now they were showing some series about 16 year old girls throwing tantrums on their birthdays. Seriously, TV these days was going to shit.

When I woke up, the sky was a dark dusk blue. I looked at the clock. 19:26. There had to be some magic in this couch because I kept falling asleep without intending to. I sat up and yawned. I was hungry again. I heard a door close and I turned around. I heard footsteps coming from the unoccupied room down the hall as Swash emerged. He was still in his work clothes, sans the tie. He had a look on his face that was a mix of worry and anger. I immediately grew concerned.

"Swash?"

He blinked rapidly and looked at me, then tried a smile. It didn't quite reach his eyes. I knew he was faking it.

"What's wrong? I thought you weren't coming back until much later."

Swash sighed and ran his hands through his hair. He seemed to have a lot on his mind. Fear suddenly crept into me as I wondered if I had anything to do with his current mood. He crossed over and came to the couch. I shifted to make space for him as he plopped himself down.

"Rodney got back earlier than I expected."
"Okay..." I didn't quite follow, but I knew he would soon get to the point.
"I just picked up Bradley. I had Rodney drive over to Columbus to pick him up as I had a really busy day planned and he was free. I thought he’d be back really late since he and Cher would want to spend a couple of hours catching up but I guess he didn't do any of that."

I sighed with relief. His emotional turmoil wasn't my fault. Also, Swash wasn't dating Rodney, as I'd thought. Somehow, that made me happy. I had no idea why. Yet, that wasn't all there was to the story. Swash was still really upset about something.