Chapter. 14

Selena's pov:

Slowly opening my eyes so I wouldn't go blind from the light, I woke myself up.

Patting my night table I found my iPhone and checked the time and date.
Finally Friday, I sighed in happiness.

Oh and halloween.
It was already 7 so I got up quickly and got dressed.

Oh how I longed for my middle school days when getting up at 7 meant I still had 45 minutes of sleep.

I put on some high waisted black leggings and a black cropped crew neck sweater that read:
"This is my halloween costume"
I left my hair naturally waved  and decided to add some cute little black car ears.

I pulled on what I called long sock monkey socks and school appropriate slippers.
I put some mascara on with a light red lipstick.

Grabbing my black over the shoulder bag I started walking downstairs.

"Morning momma" I smiled walking into the kitchen, where mom was wearing an adorable mini witches hat.

"You look cute today"

"Thanks, you too" I winked at her.

"Happy halloween little sister" I said squeezing her cheeks. I think the cutest thing in the world was babies in costumes.

Not surprisingly, Justin's mocking voice rang in my mind.
"Not cuter than me right?"

My phone buzzed in my hands telling me there was a new text.

Justin texted from the group chat.
Did he know I was thinking of him?

J: I'll meet you guys at school, gotta help the kids get in their costumes and take them to school
R:k
S: send me pictures!!

I locked my iPhone and put it in my
Bag and sat on the counter.

I took Gracie out of her baby seat and sat her in my lap.

"So princess you excited to dress as pumpkin for halloween?"
She nodded and I poked her nose.

I hopped off the counter and put her on my hip.
"Hey mom"

"Yes doll" he packed away her turkey sandwich.

"So there's a halloween party tonight that we were all planning on going to tonight, that's cool right" mom was usually trustworthy about this stuff, as long as I was with people she trusted (Justin) and I promised to be safe and that there was someone that was substance free that drove home.

"Yeah, just be safe"

" cool thanks, and also I was wondering since justin was gonna take jazzy and Jaxon if I could take Gracie and all of us could take them trick or treating them I'll drop her off and we'll head out"

"That sounds like fun. Yeah go ahead just don't be late with the kids" she snuck a piece of liquorice  from the skull we had on the table, a F.R.I.N.D.S inspired decoration.

"Oh we won't promise"

"Okay, do you want something to eat?"

"Na I'm gonna go to Starbucks"

"Alright bye baby" she took Gracie from me so that she could drop her at the sitters.

"Bye mom" she kissed my cheek and I smiled grabbing my keys.

I noticed Justin's car wasn't there so I guessed he already left for his dad's.

I got in my truck and put my bag on the other seat plugging in my keys and phone.