Chapter 16 - Its Payback Time, Bitch!

Start from the beginning

"But if that someone doesn't want me here, then I can go." I tried to make an expression as if I was hurt.

"What about Evan? You aren't eating with him?" he said as he faced me.

"He left himself. And anyways-"

"So, you came because he left anyways. If he hadn't left than you wouldn't have come, right?" he raised his voice a little more than usual and said. Whoa! What the hell happened to him?

"Dave, that's not-"

"You don't have to show fake sympathy towards me. I don't need that."

"For god's sake, what is wrong with you? The minute you saw Evan you started behaving this way. You didn't talk in the hallway either and now this. What is it between Evan and you? Why are you so affected by his presence? "

He just ignored me and scoffed.

During the sophomore and junior high school year, I did home schooling in the last six months. Or rather I was forced to do it. It's not like I had any friends that it made any difference. Before I left, they were really good friends. What happened that Dave hates him so much?

I raised my voice again "Tell me, Dave. He didn't even do anything and you lashed out at him. Does it have something to do with your past? You can tell me." Curiosity got the best of me and I said it all in one breath.

Well I am not a cat so it's not like I am risking my life.

As soon as I said that, anger took over him and he held my arm tightly. I stared right into his eyes and this time, I actually got scared.

"You don't fucking get to ask me any questions, do you understand? Listen carefully, no one ever dared to raise their voice in front me. Just because I tried to become your friend, does not mean that you can get to know whatever you want about me. How open are you about yourself? Will you give me the answer if I ask you why you broke down today?"

His grip became even more tight and I winced."Dave you are hurting-"

"If you came here to change my opinions about Evan and tell me how humble he is, then you can keep it all to yourself. You are wasting both our time. You can go and fuck Evan for all I care. I don't give a damn. Why can't you get that shit inside your head?" He yanked my hand aside and turned around trying to cool off.

I looked at my hand and there was a bruise forming. And I know it will get worse. I expected him to be angry but not this angry. I sobbed and Dave immediately turned around and noticed the bruises.

"Shit." he said and came towards me but I moved back. Maybe because I was still shocked by his sudden change of behavior. His whole demeanor has changed because of that one name. He doesn't even know what he is saying.

"You have no right to say that about me. If this was about your past you could have told me that you don't want to talk about it. I wouldn't have asked again. I am not that stupid for crying out loud, Dave. You were best friends before and I just wanted to know what happened that you can't even sit together. You said that the point of this deal is to become friends with each other. And the last time I checked, Friends don't do this" My voice cracked in the end as I pointed towards my bruise.

I could see his pained expression but I don't fucking care. I don't need another person leaving marks on my body. Not this type marks at least.

"I didn't come here to give you any fake sympathy. I am not like those fake bitches -which by the way are of your type. I was just concerned about you. I thought you needed someone to lean on and not be like me who doesn't-" I realized I shouldn't complete my sentence to gain his pity. This wasn't about me; this was about him.