Invitation

Kim TaeTae
namjoons going to a celebration party bc his trivia team or whatever you call it won their final competition
go to it Jungkook
21:57

Jungkook had made it painstakingly clear to his friends (read: Taehyung) that he didn't want to involve himself in anything that had to do with Kim Namjoon ever since finding out he was his soulmate. His friends were reluctant to follow through with his explicit warning and have been egging him on to actually meet the guy. Taehyung even went as far as almost dragging his roommate to their usual lunch table. (Jungkook immediately bolted out of the cafeteria doors upon seeing a tall stranger being dragged behind Taehyung's suspiciously cheerful form.)

"Is there really any point in avoiding your own soulmate?" Jimin had asked the previous week. "Like, you're gonna have to talk to him eventually."

Jungkook had trouble thinking of a reason that wasn't too petty and eventually ended up grumbling out, "If Yoongi-hyung can deny Seokjin-hyung, then I can deny Namjoon-hyung."

Yoongi had very nearly choked on his chicken while Taehyung wailed on about him being a bad influence on Jungkook.

Anyways, to say the least, Jungkook absolutely did not want to go to a celebration party that Namjoon was attending.

Kookie
hyung, we've talked about this.
i'll put hot sauce in jimin-hyung's lunch tomorrow if you don't drop the namjoon topic.
21:59

Kim TaeTae
jungkook im serious about this
21:59

Kookie
and i'm serious about the hot sauce.
i still have some left over from the last time i did it to your lunch.
22:00

Kim TaeTae
ok jesus just hear me out before you ruin my taste buds for the next week
22:00

Jungkook rolled his eyes so hard he gave himself a headache but conceded to the sophomore's plea.

Kookie
fine.
shoot.
22:01

Kim TaeTae
ok thank you jesus christ
so the party is being held at namjoons house bc his parents are chill and also out of town
and ive been talking to him about you and told him youre going to the party
22:02

Jungkook's heart stuttered, disbelieving the text that glared at him from his screen.

Kookie
wait, what?
22:02

Kim TaeTae
and bc hes a giant fucking dork hes really excited to get to see you for the first time
and i really dont want to see him disappointed if you dont come
so please for the love of god just go to the damned party and make your damned soulmate happy for once in your life
22:04

Jungkook was stunned by the fact that Namjoon, a complete stranger (but not really; he couldn't ever be labeled as a mere stranger), was excited to see him, Jungkook, a freshman who didn't have much going for him other than his sheer willpower to not let his grades plummet before the end of the year.

Jungkook quickly snapped out of his shock, not willing to let Taehyung win him over that easily.

Kookie
okay, what'd you say to him about me?
i haven't done anything impressive, like, ever, so there's no way for him to have such high hopes of seeing me unless you told him something that wasn't true about me.
22:05

Kim TaeTae
i didn't tell some bogus story to make him swoon for you
hes just genuinely excited to meet you since youre
yknow
his soulmate
22:06

Jungkook tapped his index finger against the side of his phone restlessly, unable to come up with a reason to not trust Taehyung (other than the fact that he's Taehyung).

One little party couldn't hurt him, right? he reasoned with himself. He didn't have to work that night, so it wasn't like he had a legitimate reason as to not go. Other than the high possibility of running into Namjoon while at his own home, but it wasn't like the guy knew what Jungkook looked anyway (as did Jungkook with him).

Kookie
fine.
don't go thinking that guilt-tripping me like that is gonna work ever again, though.
22:08

Kim TaeTae
oh shit
that was easy
are you going soft on me kookie
22:08

Kookie
keep talking like that, and i'm seriously going to put the entire bottle of hot sauce into jimin-hyung's lunch.
22:09