Chapter 14

I woke up to the sun filtering through a crack in my curtains. I yawned and stretched my body and peeled the blankets off. I yawned once more and stood, I walked over to the fireplace to add in another piece of firewood and nearly fell into the fire place when I turned and saw Bernard, shirtless, laying on my couch with a blanket falling off of him. I blushed at the sight and exhaled shakily as I tip toed to the sleeping form of my best friend. I poked his face and jumped back.

"Bernard?" I said, as I leaned over him from the spot I stood in. He didn't move. I sat down next to him and shook him lightly.

"Bernard," I said in a soft sing song voice. "Come on B, time to get up. You promised to explore that cave with me today!" I said softly. He twitched his nose and yawned. His eyes fluttered open and widened slightly when they landed on me. He sat up with a dorky smile and pulled me in for a hug, burying his face in the crook of my neck. He breathed in deeply and sighed.

"You smell good. Like chocolate and peppermints." He said against the skin of my neck. I blushed and shivered at the feeling and wrapped arm around him, using my hand hand to rub his back, my other hand on his head.

"U-Uh, B? Are you okay?" I asked. He sat up and pulled away only enough to be an inch away from my face. My hand moved from his head to his face and my arm moved from being around his back to being around his shoulders. He pulled me into his lap and put his hands on my cheeks. Staring at me.

"Have I ever told you how captivating your (e/c) eyes are? Or how soft your hair is? Or how I think you're stunning? Or that I desperately wanna feel how soft your lips are?" He asked, staring at my face, his eyes finally landing on my lips. My heart was pounding and I could feel him leaning closer to me. I obliged and leaned closer to him. Our lips meeting half way. His lips were warm and soft. He tasted like hot coco and sugar cookies. He played back down with me still in his lap, pulling the covers over us when he felt me shiver, and wrapped his arms around me again. When I pulled away our eyes slowly fluttered open. We were both cherry red. He sat up once again until we were nose to nose. He smiled at me lovingly and picked me up as he stood from the couch.

"Let's go explore that cave now." He said. I smiled as he kissed my face anywhere he could reach while holding me and hugged him.

So he does like me back. And he's all mine now.

Hey babies!! I hope you enjoyed this chapter as it will be the last. I've grown tired of writing this story though I love how it turned out and I'm so happy so many of you like it. I'm working on new stories for my original characters and I'm still working on The Wolfwood Killer. So I'll be a busy be with all of those projects!! I hope you'll forgive me🥺🥰