Chapter 13

That's right Babies!! MAMA'S BACK!

I waited out front of the workshop on the front steps watching some of the elves that didn't work in the workshop play games. After about fifteen to twenty minutes had gone by, Bernard walked out of the shop and scooped up some snow, formed it into a ball and threw it at me. I squealed in delight and I retaliated.

"You sure you wanna engage in a snowball fight with me elf boy? I'll have you know I'm the top snowball warrior back at home." I said. He laughed as he dodged one of my snowballs.

"And who named you that little Claus? Charlie?" He asked smirking as he threw a curve snowball at me. It missed me by am inch and I giggled throwing one right at his chest.

"And a few of his school friends!" I squealed out as he dropped the snowball he had and began to chase me instead. I giggled and ran for almost twenty minutes towards what I thought were two large snowhills, but where actually snow covered mountains. I collapsed on the ground on my back and sighed. Bernard had reached me not even a second later.

"This is a long break don't you think?" I asked realizing he had only left the shop on his break to hang out with ke for a little while. He laughed and shrugged.

"You're dad heard our conversation and let me work for a little while more and offered to take over for me so we could hang out for the rest of the day." I smiled up at Bernard as he once again shrugged. Of course dad would do that. I thought. I smiled and patted the spot next to me. Bernard plopped down where I had patted my hand and I laid back down and began to make a snowangel. He watched me while laughing.

"You're such a kid." He said. I stood up and shook off the snow just as Bernard also began to stand.

"You're also a jerk." He said. I laughed and poked him.

"Last one half way up the small mountain is a broken toy!" I yelled as I began to half run half climb up the small mountain we had been sitting near. Bernard took a second to react then laughed.

"Oh ho ho, you're on short stack!" He yelled as he raced to catch up to me. I of course beat him because I had a head start and I was a more skilled climber then he was. And because I'm an awesome friend I found a wide enough space for me to wait for him to catch up to me. As I waited I looked around the spot i had stopped at. There was a little trail leading to a cave. Just as I was about to go explore I got tackled from behind.

"Whoops! Sorry, broken toy remember? Walking is hard." I laughed at Bernard's statement.

"Yeah 'cause you could totally tackle me like that just from walking." I said sarcastically with a giggle. He and I stood up, brushed the snow off of us, and then i dragged him towards the cave.

"Explore. Now. Please. I be happy if we do's an explore. Right now." I said with a serious expression, however my excitement was obvious. Bernard looked at the cave and walked to the entrance and looked inside. He turned back around shaking his head.

"I'll tell you what. We dont explore today," He said, which broke my heart because I really wanted to explore. "But we come here with lights and snacks, and some warmer more equipped clothing, and then we can explore." He said gesturing to our soaking wet clothes. I nodded and smiled. As I began to make the decent back to ground level, bernard stopped me as he began to make a snowman. I looked at him in confusion.

"To mark where the cave is." He said. I smiled and nodded and when he was done we both made our way back down the mountain and walked side by side back to the workshop. As we walked he wrapped his arm around me in an attempt to stop me from shivering which had started on our way down the mountain.

"I hope you dont get sick, maybe we should've just stayed near the workshop." He said. I lightly punched him in the chest.

"N-No way! We had to much fun in the snow th-thats all." I said as I began to have trouble keeping up with him. He sighed and scooped me up into his arms and carried me home. I was half asleep when we got back. The last thing I remember is being put into bed.

BERNARD

I carried her into the workshop keeping a watchful eye on her. Her shivering had increased and she looked almost blue. I searched for Judy and when I found her I pulled her aside from her usual duties.

"Bernard! W-What can I do for you?" She said a tad startled. I held out (y/n) a little bit.

"We went on an adventure today but she got really wet from the snow and now shes cold as ice. And I cant undress her or go in the bathroom with her," I said blushing at the thought, thankfully elf cheeks are naturally rosy. "And I was hoping you and a few other girl elves would help her warm up and I would make sure she got fed and put to bed with extra blankets?" I said. Judy looked at (y/n) with a concerned look.

"I'll send your intern Curtis to fetch the doctor while we're at it. She may be completely fine for all we know but it cant hurt to check." She said leading me towards the bathroom and grabbing a few lady elves along the way. Judy and the girl elves took her from me and gave her her warm bath while I made sure her bed had extra blankets and was nice and warm. I also got her some warm soup and some peppermint tea mixed with sugar to sweeten up a bit. I called for curtis and he went and got the doctor as Judy and the girls brought the sleeping (y/n) out of the bathroom and I brought her to her bed. The doctor checked on her before I fed her anything and it took awhile for him to finish up. I began to get increasingly worried.

"She'll be fine just make sure she's warm tonight or she'll catch a cold!" He said as he left. I smiled kn relief and began to feed her the soup and helped her drink the tea. Though she was still in a sleep like state, she was fully functional as if she were awake. When I was done feeding her I laid her down and covered her up and I made sure to keep her fire place blazing for the rest of the night and then went to bed on the couch that was in her room, just in case she needed something. At least that's what I keep telling myself. I thought as I felt myself blush.