The part-timer

My name is Luca Miller. I'm 19 years old and I have a few secrets which I plan to carry with me to my grave. Two of them are that I'm gay and I have a huge crush on my co-worker at the pizzeria, Levi.

He's this nice, caring guy with awesome looks and lots of skills. But loving him has gotten even harder since he became a participant in a new television program. A program where young people are being trained so that one of them can become our country's next top idol.

Girls are already starting to recognize him. They walk in wanting to order some pizza but then out of nowhere they start screaming. I know I will never confess to him... But it still hurts knowing all those girls can.

I park my bicycle near the pizzeria and walk in. I notice Levi is already busy in the kitchen. I look at his broad shoulders as I clear my voice to say hi. But suddenly he turns around, smiling brightly, and does it first.

"Hi, Luca! You're early."

"Hi, I had nothing to do so I figured it'll be fine to start early."

"You actually have the most perfect timing! You're the first one to arrive. There are already quite a few orders and I could use the help."

"Then I'll quickly put on my uniform and be right back."

I hastily walk to the back room and put down my bag. I switch shirts as fast as I can and fish a hair tie out of my bag. I walk towards the mirror and see my big, light blue eyes staring back at me. I pull my slightly curly, brown hair back from my face and put it in a tiny bun. Next I put on my cap. Then I quickly walk back to the kitchen while I tie up my apron.

"Where do you need me?"

"Take care of the oven, please."

"Sure, no problem"

I grab a few pizza boxes and scoop the pizzas inside of them. It's not even 5PM yet and it's already this busy? It's going to be a long, hard day...

A few hours later.

It's 10PM. All of my co-workers already left. Except for Levi and I. I always feel a bit out of place next to him. He's just so perfect that it makes me nervous...

We clean the shop while having some small talk. And I frequently take a peak at his gorgeous smile as I mop the floor. As we finish up I go to the back to grab my bag. I sit down feeling exhausted and take of my cap.

Recently I've been feeling the urge to just tell my feelings to Levi... But I know I shouldn't. I'll make a fool out of myself and he'll definitely reject me. Well... I do think he'll do it gently... But what if..? I blush. Ashamed of where my thoughts are wondering off to.

I rest my face on my knees. And sit like that for a while. Suddenly I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Are you okay?"

I quickly sit up straight and than I realize Levi's face is only a few inches away from me. I can feel my cheeks burning up again and quickly turn my face away.

"It's nothing, really"

"Are you sure? It seemed like you were crying."

"Oh... don't worry. I wasn't."

"I could try to help you if you told me what's bothering you?"