Socially Awkward

Hey guys. Keep reading, voting and enjoying! Xxx

**********

We had spent a week unpacking and getting to know the town. Now it was my first day at school. I got up and put on my skinny jeans with a top and my converses. I brushed my hair and tied back the front bits so it didn't hang in front of my face.

I walked into Yvette's room to find her applying a thick layer of mascara to her eyelashes. She was wearing a black mini skirt with a sparkly top and small heels. Why was she so dressed up? It was only school. In England, we had school uniform so I didn't have to care about what to wear. But now it would be a lot different. I picked up my rucksack and made my way downstairs.

"Morning Amy."

"Morning dad."

"So, are you looking forward to school?" My dad asked.

"Not really" I lied. I was actually quite excited about it. I hoped that I would make good friends and, well, just enjoyed it really!

**********

I got out the car at the school gates and looked up at the school, like how they do in the movies. This was it.

I slowly started walking up to the main building with Yvette at my heels.

"I'll meet you at the gate at 4. Okay?"

I nodded, not really listening to her.

"Kay, bye!"

She trotted ahead of me, swishing her hair backwards. God, why can't I do that. Every time I try doing that in the wind, I end up getting a ball of hair in my mouth. Yeah, not the most elegant.

People hanging around by the front door turned to look at Yvette. She had her usual effect on people: them gasping and her acting cool.

Me, on the other hand, was completely different. A group of girls in miniskirts, who had been previously glaring at my sister with jealously, turned towards me. They just eyed me up and down and smirked. I looked at each one of them and the first thing that I noticed, was that they all had designer handbags and were wearing heels so high, that they almost looked like stilts.

They just turned back to their phones without a word. I was kind of relieved actually.

I looked at all of the students with their folders and books, making their way inside.

"Hi are you new here cuz I'm James and I don't recognise you and like know everyone here so I was just wondering what your name was and whether you needed any help to find where you're going even though you look pretty capable yourself" a boy with curly brown hair said, with absolutely no pauses at all.

"Sorry, he tends to speak like that when he is excited. I'm Chloe by the way."

She seemed like quite a nice person, and was very pretty, as I noticed. She had a long braid of blonde hair and had a natural look, unlike the girls I had seen previously.

"Um, hi. I'm Amy, and im kind of new here."

"Ok Amy, who is kind of new here." She replied sarcastically "let me take you to the reception, where they can give you all the information and stuff."

Chloe led me away, leaving Jake or Jason, or whatever his name was standing there.

We reached the office and they handed me a booklet on the school and my timetable. Mrs Wood, the receptionist was really kind and told Chloe to look after me for the first day.

"Well, you're in my English..... And computing........ And gym....... No way, you've got Mr Terery for Maths. He's so nice. but I never end up having him cuz he only teaches one group."

I smiled at Chloe and we both chatted on our way to Registration room.

As I walked in, I felt heads turn and heard people whispering. I was always the shy type, so I kept my head down and walked straight ahead. But, that plan didn't really work.

"Hey everyone. This is Amy. She's new here and she's from England, so she's got an amazing accent!"

I looked at her like she had just lost her mind. My accent? Really?

"So, let's welcome the newest member of this form!"

Everyone muttered hi. Some were more enthusiastic than others, asking about England and what lessons I had and just that kind of stuff.

The bell sounded and we filed out into the corridor. Right. Room 8G for Geography. Where the hell was that.

"Hey, it looks like you're in my Geography class. Amy, is it?"

I looked up to find a tall, and damn good looking boy with blonde hair standing beside me.

"Um yeah.... Geography I guess." God, why do I sound so bored?

"Come on then. It's along this way."

Ok, I was determined to get to know this damn good looking boy better.

"So..... What's your favourite topic in Geography?" What the hell Amy? Why do you have to be so socially awkward?

"Urr..... Well I guess I enjoy geophysical geography." He replied.

"That's cool." Ok, now ask him his name. "What's your name, by the way?" I asked.

"Hayden..... It's quite a weird name, but it's a mixture of my mum and dads names. Brendan and Hazel."

"Oh, that's pretty cool. I'm just Amy and my parents just named me Amy because they liked the name...... Like I'm not named after anyone or anything."

He nodded and smiled. A beautiful smile. Stop looking at his smile! That's just creepy.

We reached our room and both parted to different sides of the classroom. We got a table plan and I found out that I was sitting next to someone called Sam. I found my seat and saw that Sam was a curly ginger haired girl who seemed bubbly and full of energy.

"I'm Sam in case you don't know..... So.....Who are you exactly?"

"I'm Amy, and I'm new here, so yeah, that's probably why you don't know me."

"Hi Amy. Um, can I ask you a question?"

"Sure"

"Are you from Britain, cuz you've got a really strong British accent."

I smiled. "Yes, I'm from England. You're the one withe the accent for me!" I replied.

"It must be so weird"

"Yeah, I guess it's kinda cool though." I agreed.

"Ok everyone." The teacher began " first of all I'd like to warn you about a test next Wednesday"

That earned some groans from the class. But, to be honest, I wasn't particularly happy about it either. I mean come on, I've only been here for like an hour!

"It will be on everything we have done so far..... And the second thing was that we have a new girl in our class! Meet Amy everyone."

All heads turned around and I just sat in my seat, wishing everyone would quit staring at me.

"So we will be doing a revision lesson today. Please get out your material, as you have a free hour to revise."

I got out my textbook and began making notes. Fun.