chapter 7

Co-wives Diary
Chapter 7:

Maemunah and her brother fell asleep as their father patted them to bed.. Mubarak separated their beds and left for the bathroom to have his shower.. Afterwards, he resumed to his laptop to glance through.

Jameelah: JazakaLlahu kayran sir.

Mubarak : Aameen wa anti fajazakiLlahu kayran. May I know the reason for thanking me?

Jameelah: For being a wonderful father to your kids. At first it was their assignments and now the beautiful reminder you gave them..... How I wish every kids out there will get a father like you. And thanks for being the best husband to me as well.

Jameelah: JazakiLlahu kayran for appreciating my efforts. Beauty, I love you so much.( He hugged his wife.)

Jameelah: I'm sorry for the other time. I shouldn't have charged more for Ramlah's khimar.

Mubarak : You haven't done anything wrong okay? You only told me the amount you'll sell and I gave you the money for it.

Jameelah: Are you sure you're not angry because of this?

Mubarak : Beauty, I'm not.. But can I ask you a question?

Jameelah: You can carry on.

Mubarak : Let's assume Your friend's sister is getting married to someone else as a thaniyah will you stop being friends with her and her sister? Will you attend her nikkah or not?I hope you remember you also have thaniyahs as friends .... Perhaps you didn't realize they're someone else's co-wife too... Can becoming a second wife turns one into a bad person if she isn't before?
Jameelah was speechless.

Mubarak : Beauty, it's not a good quality of a Muslimah to keep grudges against her fellow Muslims. If you can forgive your husband who's the main culprit why not others too? I'm begging you please, let it be bygones... I was surprised when I found out that she's your best friend younger sister. That's one of the reasons why I found it difficult to inform you, I'm sorry again it was never my intention to hurt your feelings. My queen, do you know a bountiful reward awaits you for this..
Jameelah nodded amidst tears. Mubarak moved closer to her and wiped her tears.

Mubarak : Aduni, Oluwabusayomi, Ewatomi, your love in my heart will never depreciate insha Allah. Your husband's heart is very big to accommodate your love and others.. I'll only create another space for the incoming ones but will never give yours to someone else...I call you beauty, because you're beautiful in and out. Secondly, that's the meaning of your name JAMEELAH. Lastly you also bears Ewatomi.... Everything about you is beautiful!

She burst into a round of tears again and her husband gave her a warm embrace.

Mubarak :It's alright beauty..There's something I want you to do for me, will you do it?

She nodded in affirmation.

Mubarak :The lingerie I bought for you yesterday, I want to see it on you tonight. Will you do that for me? (he winked).

Jameelah covered her face with her hands and replied with a smile.

Mubarak : That's lovely!
-----------------------------------------------

A week to the nikkah, Ramlah was lying on a green mat in her school masjid charging her lamp and her phone. A friend of hers walked in. They exchanged pleasantries for a while before she hit the nail on the head.
Sakeenah: Sister Ramlah. There's something that has been bothering for a while and I think it's high time I poured it out... Why are you getting married to a married man and that to your sister's friend's husband? I'm sorry for snooping in your affairs but it's better I ask, to free myself from holding grudges against you.