Chapter 1

"I hate you Blake Hemingway. I always have, and I always will. So just get out of my life!"

Yup. Those were the last words I spoke to the Devil himself, 5 years ago. On this day, 5 years ago, Blake and I ended our relationship before it even began. Why? Because it was doomed from the start.
You see, just because Blake claimed that he loved me, it didn't mean that it was exactly 100% true. The reality of it is that Blake and I were just too caught up in each other's drama to even fathom what the next step was once we got together. Let alone the fact that we got together in the first place.

And let me tell you, it's not easy being in a relationship with someone you hated only a summer before. All those years of resentment built up inside us were still there—feelings aren't that easy to get over.

Now don't get me wrong, Blake and I were happy for a little while. However, as anyone in the real world would predict, our true colors started creeping back out. All of the drama had settled down, but that just meant Blake and I had nothing to fight for and no one to be jealous of anymore. We quickly realized that the relationship had to be taken very slowly, but even that didn't work. Soon enough, we were arguing and ignoring each other. I tried to make the relationship work, but sadly Blake didn't do the same. And the kicker?

Blake was still as promiscuous as he was before. Oh, you thought that was all to make me jealous? SIKE.

Alright, enough talk. Let's just flashback...

5 years ago

"Blake? Oh hey babe!" I greeted as I walked into his living room. Blake gave me a peck on the cheek, and I sat down on his couch.

"Still not used to the whole 'babe' thing," Blake chuckled as he munched on some chips.

After the party a month and a half ago, Blake and I decided to take things slowly. Confessing our love to each other was enough emotion to last us at least 6 months. It still felt foreign dating my former worst enemy.

School had since already begun, and I missed the gang a lot. Opal and Mona were the only two to enroll in the same school as me, while everyone else spread out across the country. Blake decided to take a gap year, which was nice considering I could see him whenever I wanted.

So, there we were munching on chips and watching tv, as per usual. We were watching Family Feud.

"I love Steve Harvey," I said light-heartedly, "he's so hilarious."

Blake mmhmm'ed and suddenly went on his phone. I glanced at him, but thought nothing of it after a second. Blake had started doing that a lot, but I didn't think it was a big deal unless I were being completely ignored.

"Ooh, what do you think this answer is?" I questioned excitedly. Blake didn't answer and kept going through his phone. I looked at him until he noticed and stared at me.

"Oh, sorry what was that?"

"Forget it, moment's passed."

Blake shrugged then went back on his phone. I scooted closer then asked curiously, "Whatcha doing?"

Blake suddenly turned his phone away as if he were to say none of your business. I rolled my eyes and scooted back over.