what ive been missing

Chapter 2:

What I've been missing-

Liv's POV:
I had really missed ruel so much. I was glad that he was back. But I know he's not back for good. I think he's back for 6-8 months before he has to travel across the world again. I'm so proud of him for pressuring his dream, but I also didn't like it because he was going away all the time and I missed him being around all the time.

We walked down to the beach. Jake and Ella were holding hands walking in front of us and daisy was on Oliver's back and they were running ahead. So it was just me and ruel left behind. We started making small talk and ended up talking about school.
"So how's it been at school."
He looked over to me. I looked back at him.
"Uh, yeah. I guess it's alright." He laughed a little bit.
"I can tell you're lying. How actually is it." I laughed of how easily he could tell I was lying.
"Well to be honest it's really shit."
"Why?"
"Well because I'm stuck with those 4," I said pointing at everyone in front of us. He just laughed.
"5th wheeling." He said
"Exactly!!" We both laughed. I have really missed talking to him.
"How was tour?" I said to him.
"It was fun and all but I missed everyone and you." His answer made me smile and blush a little bit. I could see him at the corner of my eye smiling too. We fell into silence but not an awkward silence, a comfortable one. I felt his hand light brush against mine. I didn't know if he accidentally did it or not but then I looked over to him and he was looking down, smiling. I brushed my hand on his. I really wanted to hold his hand but my nerves kicked in and I just couldn't. A few seconds later he slipped his hand in mine and intertwined out fingers. This made me smile like crazy. And so was he. I know they say you're not meant to like your best friend but I mean how could I not. He's perfect and being away from him made me realise how much I actually liked him. Well I don't think I like him fully. Well at least I'm trying not to because I know he would never feel the same way. Even though we are holding hands right now, all friends do that, right?

We got to the beach and luckily nobody realised that ruel and I were holding hands. We let go when we got down there because we didn't want anyone to see. We took off our clothes (everyone has their bathing suits under their clothes) and everyone went into the water. I was wearing a simple white bikini. I have always been self conscious about my body. It's not that I'm fat or anything it's just I hate wearing bikinis because I feel like everyone's judging me and it just made me uncomfortable to be around people when I wear bikinis. Jack, Oliver, Ella and daisy all ran into the water. Leaving me and ruel, yes again. I hadn't taken my clothes off because I was scared for some reason. It was like something was holding me back but I didn't know what it was. Ruel looked out at the ocean and then at me.
"Are you going to come in?" I once told him about me hating wearing bikinis but he must have forgotten. I didn't want to tell him again because it was awkward enough for me the first time.
"I-i... uh..." I was stuttering so much. He cut me off.
"Oh! Oh my god. Liv I'm so sorry I forgot." I just smiled shyly at him. "You don't have to come in if you don't want to."
"No I will." I got out of my clothes and ruel turned around as I did so. Which I appreciated. He was always so kind and caring of others. "Ready?" I said standing beside him taking a deep breathe. He looked at me and smiled widely. He didn't say anything he just nodded. We both ran into the water and caught up with everyone else. We swam around for hours and I was getting very tired.

Ruel's POV:

We were all splashing around and having fun in the water. I saw Liv swim to shore and walk over to where the towels were. I didn't blame her for getting out. She probably felt really uncomfortable. Liv  was very self conscious about her body but I don't know why she would be. She's beautiful! I decided that it was like I was 5th wheeling now so I got out and ran up to where she was sitting and sat down next to her. She handed me a towel that was sitting beside her.
"Thank you." I said taking the towel out of her hand. She just smiled in response.
"So... are you going to be coming back to school?" She asked
"Of course I am!!" We both laughed.
"Good it's been so boring without you." She said. We sat there in silence for a minute until I decided to speak up.
"I know why you got out of the water." Her eyes grew wide like she was scared for some reason.
"U-um.." I didn't want to make this awkward for her.
"Because you can't swim for shit!" She then let out the breathe she was holding in and we both laughed. I wasn't going to embarrass her. I would never do that to the person I care most about.