Chapter 3

𝘑𝘰'𝘌𝘭𝘭𝘦

Being that it was my second day here, I once again woke up early and started on his breakfast.

I didn't know if he would be woke this early but I still decided to cook.

I cooked some bacon, grits, and homemade biscuits.

Once I was finished i plated the food and i headed for the elevator. I pressed the button to the second floor before the door closed and I started moving up.

Once I was on the second floor and the door opened, I stepped off with the tray and headed to his door.

I knocked and waited for him to respond. Once I noticed he wasn't gonna reply I slowly opened the door.

I peeked inside to see him sleeping. I sat the tray down and went over to Anthony's bedside.

"Anthony ." I called to him.

I repeated that a couple more times before he started to wake up.

"Hmmmm." He drug out.

"Get up, take your medicine and eat." I said.

"Ight help me up." He groaned.

I helped him up and out the bed into the wheel chair. Once i had him in, i made sure he was comfortable.

"Is that comfortable enough for you? " I asked.

"Mhmm, what you cook for me?" He spoke.

"You'll see." I smiled before going to get the tray.

I grabbed it off the nightstand and sat it on the table in front of him.

"Damn shawty. You gone always throw down like this for a nigga?" He asked as I giggled.

"Prolly not. Because I saw cereal on the counter." His face scrunched up and I chuckled harder.

"Mane see. I like cereal but yo lil ass can cook." He replied.

"Mhm, just eat and shush." I sat down onna bed while he continued to chew his food.

𝘖𝘮𝘯𝘪𝘴𝘤𝘦𝘯𝘵

She grabbed her phone and noticed she had a message from an old friend named Kenz'Lee.

Her and Kenz'Lee had been close friends for a while but when Joey' s life started to crumble she was forced to cut everyone off.

The message was a number being sent and Kenz'Lee telling her to call it.

Her eyebrows furrowed before she could even understand why she wanted her to call.

"You aight?" Anthony asked.

"Huh?...um yea. Lemme take this call ima be back." She said as she left the room and headed down stairs.

After dialing the number she heard the phone ring twice before a familiar voice picked up.

"Hello." The person spoke.

"Kenz'Lee, it's me...uh....Joey." she spoke through the phone nervously.

"Oh my gosh. Hey JoJo babes, I missed you." Kenz'Lee announced.

"I missed you to Ken, but my life is literally a living hell." Joey spilled.

"Believe me we all have those moments. But um i was just checking on you. I hadn't heard from you in months." Joey looked at her shoes.

"I know I'm sorry. But I had went from being a pretty bitch, to homeless in a week's time. Now I'm in ATL living with some dude." I confessed.

"Oh my lord, Jo'Elle please tell me you don't have a sugar daddy or nothing." She gasped.