Co-wives Diary Chapter 1

Co-wives Diary

Chapter one

Jameelah's phone continously jingled she emerged from the kitchen with her oily hands and managed to get a napkin on the dinning table to clean them. . She coughed slightly as she picked up her ringing phone.

Neemah:  Assalam Alaykum sister. (on the phone)

Jameelah : Waalaykum Salaam WaramatuLlah.

Neemah: Umm Maemunah, I'm sorry, permit me to ask you this, I heard Abu Maemunah is getting married to my friend Ramlah. Are you aware?

Jameelah : What? Where did you get that from? Who told you?

Neemah: From another friend of mine she invited to her Nikkah in school.

Jameelah :That's a rumor! Okay? Nothing of such is happening. My Mubarak will never do such a thing without my consent.

Neemah: It's the truth sister! I've only called to confirm if you've been informed . In fact, their Nikkah invites have been printed. I saw it with my eyes... Immediately I did, I approached Ramlah without taking a breath and she confirmed it to me. I was surprised but she claimed you were aware.

Jameelah : Are you sure of what you are saying?

Neemah : Absolutely! I can even send the pictures of one of the invites to you via WhatsApp.

Jameelah : Alright, do that right away.

Neemah : Maa sha Allah!

The conversations ended.

Jameelah's heart skipped, her blood pressure skyrocketed. Those words made her head pounded. She placed the face of her hand on her left chest to feel her heart beat... Jameelah developed a pilomotor reflex all over her as a result of the conversations she had with her immediate younger sister. She hurriedly opened her WhatsApp wall to check if her sister was right or not. She screamed on seeing the message.

Jameelah : No! My Mubarak can never do this. I trust him!

She sobbed and rushed  out of the living room for a bowel movement. On her return from the lavatory, she was engulfed in her profuse sweat. Jameelah resumed to her phone to check for the umpteenth time. She retreated to the couch as she soliloquized.

Jameelah : Ramlah? My best friend's younger sister? No! I can't believe this. I must confirm from my friend before I take any step.

Jameelah put a call across to call Rizqoh her friend.

Jameelah : Assalam Alaykum.

Rizqoh : Waalaykum salaam.

Jameelah :How is everyone at home.. Please, I need to confirm something from you.

Rizqoh: AlhamduliLlah! We're all fine. You may go ahead.

Jameelah :Is it true, your sister is getting married to my husband in a month time?
Rizqoh :SubhanaLlah! Who told you ? I'll be there right away.

Rizqoh hung up.. Jameelah called repeatedly but her friend refused to pick the calls.

Jameelah :I just hope it's not true, even if what I saw was real, I still can't believe it. But what's difficult in saying yes or no. I'd only asked a simple question of yes or no but her response was something else. Metchewww...

Afterwards, Rizqoh arrived at her friend's house. Jameelah opened the door for her. The two embraced each other as they exchanged the tesleem.

Jameelah : You shouldn't have bothered, all I need to hear from you is yes or no.