Wasteland of the Fallen

In the year 2045, humanity finally found a cure for an infectious disease that has killed off a quarter of the human population. As soon as the news was announced, monsters suddenly appear and wreak havoc across the globe. With the world now a wasteland and the monsters, which take the form of demonic creatures, conquering the food chain, humanity is forced to fend for themselves. After twenty years of war, humanity somehow gets a chance for salvation. When a pair of half-brothers set off to find the Cure so one of them can be human again, they cross paths with an immortal girl named Shiruba, and the three join forces to retrieve the Cure with a shared goal: to end the apocalypse. The only thing in their way is the demonic monsters and their leader dubbed Lucifer.

Characters

Kamryn Baker: A seventeen-year-old boy with brown disheveled hair, hazel eyes, and slightly tanned skin. He was born and raised in Shelter District 7. A daring and optimistic boy, he is willing to finish a task no matter how difficult it may be. He also has an undying passion for his younger half-brother, who he deems as his top priority now that they are both searching for the Cure. He has good accuracy with firearms and he obtains new abilities like night vision, enhanced strength, and quick reflexes when he falls into a radioactive lake while on the brink of death. The incident also left him with white streaks in his hair and a red left eye where a scar was carved on the left side of his face.

Tyler Baker: Kamryn's half-brother who is two years younger than him, also raised in Shelter District 7. He has short blonde hair, fair skin, and blue eyes. He starts as an apprehensive and apologetic individual at the beginning of the story; his personality escalates when he was turned into a demon after Shelter District 7 was under attack. Even though he is grateful that his brother is willing to help him be human again, he still questions why he wasn't killed on sight, fearing he would become a monster if he wasn't. He gains new abilities like agility, regeneration, and enhanced hearing. He also receives demonic features like fangs, claw-like nails, thin blue accents on the top corners of his eyes, and slit pupils; he tends to hide those features with a black bandana, gloves, and a pair of sunglasses. He also wears a "Restrain Collar" on his neck to keep him from going berserk.

Shiruba: An immortal who takes the form of a twelve-year-old girl with long silver hair, pale skin, and gray eyes. She is known across the world for her battles against demons. She lacks memory of her past, but she believes the Cure will help her regain her memories. She has also branded Lucifer as an enemy and also seeks to overpower him as soon as they meet in person. When Kamryn and Tyler save her from a demon, she recognizes the boys as an opportunity to accomplish her goals and hires them as her disciples. She has multiple abilities such as telekinesis, invisibility, mind control, and excels in martial arts despite her childlike stature. She can also use any object she finds as a weapon.

Preview

"What a waste of my time," The girl sighed before she turned around to face a perplexed Kamryn and Tyler.

"Uh..." Kamryn stammered. "I...we..."

"Why?" She suddenly asked before pointing to the blond. "Why are you traveling with a demon?"

"He's my little brother," Kamryn immediately answered. "He's my top priority. I promise you, he wasn't always a demon. Our Shelter District was attacked and this happened."

"I see," The girl nodded before asking, "What about you? What's your story?"

The brunette knew what she was talking about, so he answered, "I fell into a lake and it healed me while I was going to die. I don't know how it was possible, but it happened."

"So, you fell into a lake that contained radioactive chemicals, I see."

"Radioactive chemicals?" Kamryn repeated with raised eyebrows.

"Okay, that's enough!" Tyler exclaimed, pushing himself out of his brother's arms. "Who even are you?! How did you manage to kill that demon so quickly?!" He asked the girl.

The girl chuckled and immediately answered, "I'm who people call Shiruba, and after watching you two fight that demon, it has been decided. You boys will be my disciples."