Chapter 53: Two Words

Começar do início

"It's been two weeks!"

"I don't give a shit how long it's been." He runs his hand through his hair, "Fuck.... Why couldn't you just say yes for once?"

"I did. To moving in with you." I point out, hoping he realizes that in itself is a big step to take so soon.

His eyes are cold as they stare into mine. "Maybe that was a mistake."

"What?" I feel my heart sink.

"I'll see you back at the house." Harry voice is devoid of any tone as he turns and begins walking across the field.

"Harry wait!" I call after him, but it's no use. He's already long gone and I can't keep up with him in these blasted heels.

As he disappears around a building, every emotion I have about Harry comes crashing down on me. I know what I want. I want him just as he wants me. Next to me for the rest of my life. Why didn't I just say yes? Why didn't I take a leap of faith with him? It's not like we would have to be married anytime soon, he just wanted a promise. That's all he was asking for. A promise that someday we would. I suddenly feel horribly sick. I've just ruined it. I've ruined everything.

"Av?"

My mind is snapped out of my train of thought, Harry still kneeling on the ground in front of me, holding the ring out towards me.

"Av, you alright?"

I look down at him, a hint of confusion written across his face as I thank god that was all in my mind. That Harry didn't walk away from me heartbroken. That he was still here. I blink a few times before finding my voice.

"Yes."

"Good, sooooo in answer to my other question..."

"Oh, I'm feeling fine." I cut him off mid-sentence, "The yes was the answer to the other question."

He takes a moment to register what I just said, the confusion quickly being wiped away by the largest grin I've ever seen him wear.

"Did you... Did you just say yes?" His voice breaks.

"If you're so unsure, ask me again." I smile at him.

"Will you marry me?" Harry questions, glancing between my eyes.

"Yes." I reply quickly, making him chuckle and shake his head as his eyes light up. "Can I have the ring now?"

"Right!" Harry jumps to his feet, taking my left hand and slowly sliding the ring onto it. His fingers run across my knuckles gently as I stare down at it. It's such a simple design, yet still the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. It's perfect.

I look up to find Harry's eyes focused on me, the grin still easily painted across his face. "You like it yeah?"

"No." I shake my head, "I love it."

With that Harry's hands find my jaw, gripping it lightly as he pulls me towards him and crashes his lips against mine.

So many feelings are wrapped up into each kiss I receive from him. As his lips move against mine hungrily, I feel nothing but love and relief and happiness.

He tilts my head to the side, deepening the kiss with his tongue as I grasp his button up shirt and pull him up against me.

His lips part from mine slightly, and he whispers against them, "Say it again... Say you'll marry me."

"I'll marry you." I whisper back with more conviction than I've ever said anything before.

He grins again, his teeth being felt against my lips before he kisses me again. This time slowly and softly.

I know this is crazy and probably even insane, but it feels right. It feels so right.

"God, I love you." Harry breaths out as he pulls away and looks into my eyes.

"I love you."

"You're freezing." Harry's arms wrap around my body, his warmth making me realize I had been shivering from the cold.

"I have to admit, I saw this going a bit differently." He chuckles, kissing the top of my head.

"Me too." I agree honestly, "But I didn't like how that turned out."

"I wasn't to keen on it myself. But this.. this outcome I quite fancy." His large hands rub my back, "Let's get you warm yeah?"

I nod and start to pull away from him but he stops me.

"Wait! Almost forgot!" He grins at me before raising his hand in the air, pretending to snap a picture of us. "I thinkkkkkk, this may be my new favorite."

I laugh as he pulls out his phone, holding it up so he can take a real picture. "Smile love."

He snaps one of us smiling, then I hold my left hand up and put my mouth in an o shape, feigning shock and surprise. Harry does the same, before taking one last one of his lips pressed to the side of my head before dropping his phone back into his pocket.

"Now we can go." He smiles at me and pecks my lips before leading me out across the field.

I lean into his large frame, knowing this isn't going to be easy. When everyone finds out, who's knows what their reactions will be. But one thing I am confident about is that this, us, will be worth it.

_____________________

Please vote!