Chapter Three: The Quest

RRyan was shaken awake the next morning by Andrew. He was already in his black Gryffindor robes.

"Where did you find the Gryffindor robes Andrew?" Ryan yawned, impressed that Andrew was already lathered in the school robes with his Gryffindor tie and crest.

"They're on your trunk" he replied, before turning around and attempting to wake Teddy of whom was snoring his head off. Ryan unwillingly got out of his bed and walked to the foot of his four-poster. Looking down he saw the robes that Andrew had been talking about, he picked them up and crossed the dormitory room to the bathroom. He and Andrew were the only two boys awake, Andrew of whom was still attempting to wake Teddy up.

***

Teddy was groaning as the three of them began their descent down the Grand Staircase to breakfast.

"Why can't you just shut up and live with the fact that we are at school now Teddy, we have to attend classes. No more staying up till four o'clock in the morning mucking around with Weasely products, which by the way are against the rules to have them in your possession." Andrew exclaimed angrily, he had been fuming ever since Teddy had woken up, whom had not having stopped complaining ever since he had been woken up.

Teddy and Ryan groaned, just realising that Andrew was the kind of person who would write them study guides months before the exams would take place, Ryan made a mental note to avoid Andrew during their fifth year.

"What classes do you think that you will actually be good at Teddy? Ryan asked, anxious to get the two boys to stop arguing.

"Probably nothing except flying" Teddy replied.

"What about you Ryan?" he continued.

"No clue, over the holiday's when I skimmed through the set textbooks I found that I had my nose stuck in the Charms textbook more than any of the other textbooks, I don't know what it is about the subject, but I find it way more interesting than any of the others. Hopefully, I'll be good at that" Ryan replied. "Do you know what you're good at Andrew?"

"I started putting Transfiguration into practice last night, I think I am starting to get the hang of it" Andrew replied.

The three boys finished up their conversation just in time for them to walk into the Great Hall and take a seat at the Gryffindor table. Ryan haphazardly grabbed a few pieces of toast and slathered a load of marmalade on his toast.

"O'Shiel, Lupin and Laft!" A tall wizard wearing extremely formal attire, with his black hair combed over yelled as he walked at a face pace towards the boys. He was carrying a stack of parchment.

"Who in Merlin are you?" Teddy asked rudely, a piece of bacon dangling out of his mouth. Andrew punched him in the arm.

"Five points from Gryffindor for your rudeness! I'm Professor Brachet, I teach Transfiguration. I'm also your head of house, I have your schedules. Also, you three have detention tomorrow night with me, for tipping the boat on purpose on the way here." the professor said sternly as to which the three boys groaned. "Well it's your own fault, next time; avoid doing stupid things if you don't want to get punished" he stated simply, turning on his heel and walking off.

Ryan looked down to his timetable and saw that they had a double lesson of History of Magic first up, Ryan groaned; he may not know that much about the school, but what he did know is that the History of Magic class instructor, Professor Binns had the lowest class attentive rate in the entire school. Hell, his mother had recommended he skip the class and study the history outside of class. He looked further and saw that they had Charms and Transfiguration after lunch and the day finished up with double Potions. Ryan only hoped that he would be able to make it through the double period of History of Magic.