⚡38

It felt like the wind was knocked out of her lungs when she watched Jaemin brutally fall to the ground, the wound on his chest emitting blood after blood

Nari's eyes widened in shock, the sharp exhale allowed her chest to restrict and compress itself.

Mark had his arm still outstretched, wand in hand and pointing to where Jaemin once stood. The realisation dawned upon him and his eyes grew wider, hearing the sharp intakes of breaths from behind him.
Nari had tears glistening in her eyes and her head shook in denial, choking out a sob.

"J-jaemin? N-no this isn't real." She frantically shook her head, sick to her stomach, the blood pooled underneath him and her vision blurred.
She stumbled towards him, hot tears burning her cheeks as she fell to the ground, shaking hands pressed to his shoulder to shake him.
"Jaemin- H-hey it's me, Nari." She said, shaking his shoulder, praying for him to open his pretty eyes she fell in love with.

The tears of grief poured down her cheeks and dripped off her chin and landed on his unmoving body.
The blood stained shirt made Nari feel faint, the overwhelming amount of red, traumatic.
"Wake up, Jaemin. You're okay, it's me open your eyes baby. Its okay- i- please." She wailed, pressing hard on his wound.
"Do something!" She screamed to Mark who stood there, shocked.
"Please! Help, someone help!" She bawled, the pain stricken cry ripping past her throat as Jaemin's chest slowed down.

Following the commotion was the rest of them, Jeno gasping at the sight. However he was harshly pushes aside by Donghyuck. His breath hitched in his throat, the sight before him colouring his vision red. Donghyuck's anger grew before anything, lunging towards Mark and slamming his fist into his cheek.

"I'm going to kill you." Donghyuck growled, gripping his collars.
Renjun was quick towards them, pulling Donghyuck back by the waist, away from Mark who bled from his mouth.
Nari cried and cried, painful groans of agony her heart experienced.
Jeno stumbled towards the scene, the water beneath his foot, now red.

His mind skimmed back to the start- the start of their friendship.

"Hello." The 11 year old, eye smiled Jeno greeted the severely anxious Jaemin. Jaemin flinched slightly but turned towards the boy.
"Oh hello." He greeted back, equally welcoming.
"I'm Jeno, what's your name?"
"Jaemin, our names both start with a J!" He exclaimed, eyes wide in innocence.
Jeno grinned and high fived the other boy.
"Let's be friends- best friends."
Jaemin nodded eagerly.
"Friends forever?"
"Forever."

But they didn't stay friends forever, actually not for long at all but their friendship was the closest thing Jeno had to a sibling.

And as they once promised forever, it seemed as though their forever abruptly stopped, as did the rise of Jaemin's chest.